Repaired recurve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repaired recurve

Recently my Jenkins recurve sustained an injury due to a lack in observance. I had let the string get really worn around the serving to the point where my arrow were VERY loose. On one shot the arrow slipped from the string and in essence caused a dry fire.
    I had contacted Roland and talked to him about the bow, and learned he had a recent loss in the family, and I felt it inconsiderate to ask him to try to repair my mess-up in such a time.
    Hoping that it could be fixed, I then contacted another person whom I believed was most talented at some repairs and who also makes nice bows.
    The first few pics are of the damage the last are after the repair.
    Jeff totally re-finished the bow as well. Great person and very talented.
    I included his card in case anyone is interested and hope this does not break any rule. Look up bodymanbowyer on the leatherwall for more of his work.
    If Jeff reads this thanks Again for the fix.
    Attached Files

good contact to have incase something goes wrong

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

Where is he located? I have a palmer that a want to get it refinished.

Comment

Eldridge Iowa. Jeff posts on the leather wall some, and has built some really nice bows.
          He had told me what I needed to do to fix my bow, but I was a little to nervous to try to myself. Jeff did an amazing job and did some extra work while he had it.

Comment

Nice to get them fixed up and shiny brite!

Bisch

Comment

That extra shine is so I have excuses in the woods. :-)

Comment

Working...
              X