Grille guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grille guards

Is it better to buy and install one yourself or is it more trouble than it is worth and just pay someone else to put it on for you?

they're very easy to put on if you have an extra pair of hands to help you. Even by yourself, it's not too bad.

I installed my plate replacement bumper by myself, wasn't too bad.

Comment

I have been lazy.

Comment

I installed mine with the help of a neighbor to help hold in place when I bolted mine on. It took about 10 mins to install mine.

Comment

I used a fork lift to hold mine in place. Guy from where I worked at the time came around the corner and bumped it off right onto my shins.... Did not feel good. It was easy though

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
            Is it better to buy and install one yourself or is it more trouble than it is worth and just pay someone else to put it on for you?
            Don't pay someone it's a waste of money. Took about 20 minutes tops, probably take less time if you have instructions.

Comment

Use a floor Jack to hold it. Easy peazy

Comment

I got my neighbor who is a mountain of a man to hold it in place while I bolted it.

Comment

I've done both. Replacement bumper on my Ram I got the best deal shipped to my house so I did that myself. For the grille guard on the wife's Expedition the best price I found was a small shop that installed it for the same price I was going to have to pay to have it shipped ... easy decision.

Comment

I installed my Westin HDX by myself. Used a floor jack to hold it in place when it was time to bolt the guard to the brackets.

Comment

If it's a full replacement bumber don't forget to use grade 8 bolts with either lock nuts or locktite. I've never had a prob. My buddy on the other hit a deer and it snapped the bolts ( not grade 8).

Comment

Thanks for the info, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                          I installed mine with the help of a neighbor to help hold in place when I bolted mine on. It took about 10 mins to install mine.
                          my neighbor helped me, too

Comment

Cost me 50 bucks to have my Ranch had installed. Drove out 20 minutes later..

Comment

I put one on my truck and a week later a deer ran into the drivers side door!

Comment

Working...
                              X