Tawakoni WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alphahunter View Post
    Arrowslinger1. How long has it been since you shot the two bucks from your pic above. I have been hunting Pawnee inlet this year and have only found a couple rubs and tracks everywhere I look. Hogs two! But still have not seen a live deer.
    Very interesting, hopefully youll see some good ones soon. Im hoping to be in that area in about a week just dont know where i want to start. Never hunted it before. Goos luck, keep us posted.

Comment

It's been a while. I think it was 2005 and 2006. Dang I'm getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
        It's been a while. I think it was 2005 and 2006. Dang I'm getting old.
        Thanks has it been that long since you hunted out there?

Comment

Thing is it seems like the wind is always blowing out of the East so getting in their unscented it dang near impossible. But I'm a firefighter so I get to go during the week most of the time. There is usually only a couple other vehicles out there on the north entrance. I have not been to the South entrance area. Mesquito have ran me off early a couple times lol. A lot of the thicker woods are covered in about a foot of water still. Been having to use my old Golden Eagle for a back up bow and probably wouldn't be able hit anything further than 25 yards. Bowtech should be back next week. I have heard people out there on what sounds like an ATV. It would've a good place to duck hunt if you had a good duck boat with mud buddy. I have heard what sounded like shotguns blasting duck out there as well.

Comment

I heard there are lots of 200 inch deer all over out there! Way more than at LBJ or Whitney or Grapevine!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
              I heard there are lots of 200 inch deer all over out there! Way more than at LBJ or Whitney or Grapevine!
              I think there might be 200 inches total if you add all the bucks together.

Comment

Anybody head out to Any of the Lake Tawakoni WMA area recently? Let me know how flooded it is. I had planned on going back this week but don't really want to have to deer hunt in my waders. I was out there last week and it wasn't bad.

Comment

pawnee inlet was pretty wet a few days ago before I left town. If you can get past the first couple hundred yards on the main trail it isn't bad. I usually hunt the smaller section of pawnee up the hill when we get the rain we have been getting

Comment

Is this area bow only?

Comment

Yes it's bow only for deer

Comment

any one hunted or had any luck at duck cove over the last couple weeks?

Comment

Awesome. Good luck

Comment

I'm going to try out the 162 acre Caddo creek area Saturday. Anyone hint this area can give some decent advice on where to start here?

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                              The deer and hogs are there, but so are the crazy people. From what I have heard the bucks that are seen there are pretty nice ones. I hunted one time and put up a camera for a couple of days, when I came back it was gone. And then while hunting I saw 3 people walk thru my setup still hunting. They were making a ton of noise and weren't going to see anything walking thru like they were. And all three of them walked within 30 yards of my popup and didn't care that they were ruining my hunt. Haven't been back since.
                              bahahahaahhaahahhahah

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                                I've got better public land to hunt
                                no you dont

Comment

Working...
                                X