Nephew Travis Update: First Bow Kill!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nephew Travis Update: First Bow Kill!

I have posted up a couple of times on here about my nephew Travis, who is battling lymphoma. As a quick update to any who remember him and his story, he is doing very well. His treatment plan has him only having to go in once a month for strong chemo treatments, as opposed to every other week. He has been able to attend school this year and is doing quite well. So..........

Friday night:

After being in and out of hospitals most of the past year, he was ready to get out in the woods, this past weekend. So after following a lecture about, not coming in contact with bacteria, not being around a lot of dust, not doing this or that (I do understand, it just stinks), I persuaded my sister to let me take him out hog hunting, with his bow. No hogs showed, but he was able to make a good shot on a big ole jackrabbit.

He said, "can we eat it?" I said, "sure." I cleaned it, boned out the meat, and was getting ready to tenderize. His mom walks in and he asks her if he can help at least cook it, she said yes and he went to work helping tenderize, batter, and fry. It was delicious. Then the two of us sat down and played 42 with my sister and other nephew. It was a very cool occasion that I will remember for a long time. I can't wait to get him out in the woods again soon. Maybe next time we will get him a hog.
    Attached Files

Way to go T!!!

Comment

Sa Weeeeet

Comment

Praise The Lord for his good health and big congrats to him on the kill. Good on you taking him out in the woods.

Comment

Nice...

Comment

Awesome.....congrats!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Nice work- he looks real happy

Comment

Got to be a P&Y rabbit!! Good on him and prayers for continued recovery.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats Travis

Comment

Nice shooting Travis

Comment

Great job Travis!

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

awesome, congrats, looks tasty.

Comment

Good deal