Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A man can only take so much: Battling the Sago Palm

I hate sago palms.

When we bought this house a year ago I jokingly tried to get the realtor to have it removed as part of the deal.

I can't walk around the front of the truck because it pokes me.

I can't hardly to get my water hose on the side of the house without walking around the cars out to the street, because it antagonizes me daily.

I can't weedeat around it because it leaves my legs looking like a pin cushion.

Today I was doing yard work when it attacked me again.

I put the weedeater up, put on my war paint, tried to put on my old Marine camo but somehow it shrunk.

I called the wife on her cell and told her not to come home because it was gonna be dangerous around our house for awhile.

I put on the work gloves, closed my eyes, and went UFC on the sago palm for a few minutes.

It resisted violently, but five minutes later I had it handcuffed and bound. It muffled a few little pitiful whines, but one kick to the "roots" and it shut up.

Next step was cranking up the F250 and strategically locating my front tow hooks near the whimpering sago.

One punch of the accelerator and the enemy was down for good.

Chew: 1 Sago ****: 0

Click image for larger version

Name:	SD531341.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	24735333

Name:	SD531342.JPG
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	24735334

Name:	SD531343.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	24735335

Name:	SD531344.JPG
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	24735336

Yes, I know. I'm a dork.

Anyone want a free sago palm?

Yes I know people get big bucks for them. But I wouldn't feel right selling this particularly bad tempered one to someone.

Comment

LOL!!!! Way to go Chew!!

Comment

Thats all the roots it had? I am suprised you didn't have to find a GMC to pull it out for you.

Comment

Funny, I can see the neighbors looking out the window with a concerned look on their face.

Comment

if its big enough for some good solid wood, would you mind hackin out a piece for me? that crap is hard to find

Comment

LOL...

Dang, Bobby... You have my temper

I would have taken a dang chain saw to it though and left it for the wife to see before I pulled it out with the truck
              Jeff Young

Comment

Reminds me of when Clark Griswald went postal in Cristmas Vacation when he cut down the tree in his front yard after the one in the house burned.

Comment

Neigbor bought 4 of the suckers yesterday. He was really proud of himself. LOL I heat them also. Chew you did good.

Comment

LOL Chew....Good thing that palm didn't have it's roots wrapped around that sewer wash out pipe.....It would be Chew 0....stinky arse palm 1....

Comment

Have we been skipping our meds? We don't want Mr. Huggy Jacket to visit again do we?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        LOL Chew....Good thing that palm didn't have it's roots wrapped around that sewer wash out pipe.....It would be Chew 0....stinky arse palm 1....
                        It would be minPHEW stinky
                        Jeff Young

Comment

I was thinking of Clark Griswold as I cranked up the truck!

I already sold it to Jose and JosB. They're gonna pick it up tomorrow.

Comment

dang

Comment

Good for you Chew.

Anyone else working around the house today?
                              I installed some french doors in my addition and built a bird feeder out some personalized license plates.

Comment

Working...
                              X