Towing an office trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towing an office trailer

Needing to move an 8x20 office trailer. Will be traveling around 60 miles. The weight of the trailer is unknown but guessed at 3-4 thousand pounds. I have a half ton Z71 crew cab. Do y'all think my truck will handle the trailer ok, or should I get my brother to pull with his dually F350?

I would use the dually if you have access to one, the single axle on those make them very tounge heavy

Comment

The bigger truck would sure make it easier to stop.

Comment

We moved mine with an f-250 and I was glad we did. the are tounge heavy.

Comment

I have pulled them with a single axle, very scary, unstable. Pulled with a dually not a problem. Have the exterior come apart on one of them.

Comment

pulled one with a Dodge 2500 4x4, scariest pull I have ever made. Def get a dually or take your time and have a cold one, or more, waiting at destination

Comment

Really glad I asked before hooking up to it. Appreciate the advise

Comment

Don't worry about the mule son, just load the wagon!

Do you think this guy sat around asking if his half ton truck could pull something 60 miles????

Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-vehicle-overload.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	24292471

Comment

That tongue is very heavy. I used my 7.3 F250 and had no problem; just took my time. Oh yea have a cold one waiting when you get there.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
                    Don't worry about the mule son, just load the wagon!

Do you think this guy sat around asking if his half ton truck could pull something 60 miles????

[ATTACH]605422[/ATTACH]

Comment

Oh one other thing. When that 18 wheeler blows by the 1st time be forewarned PUCKER FACTOR !!!

Comment

Originally posted by big daddy View Post
                        oh one other thing. When that 18 wheeler blows by the 1st time be forewarned pucker factor !!!
                        x2 :d

Comment

There was a guy towing one of those things last week around Karnes city that almost lost control of it. Came into my lane, running me into the ditch with my wife and baby in the truck. Good thing I saw it all happening and had time to react.

Don't be that guy. Use the dually and take it slow.

Comment

I knew I would be fine with the weight, I just wasn't sure of the single axle and no brakes. The office trailers are taller than the travel trailer I'm use to pulling. Will definitely use a dually.

Comment

The Chevy should pull through but the dually would make the job a lot easier

Comment

Working...
                              X