Chronograph app for phone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chronograph app for phone.

It's called Achrono and costs about 99 cents.

It's works by using the sound of when the bow shoots and the sound of the arrow hitting the target.

When you open the app up and press the red button you hear a countdown then you shoot and it records the sounds.

After that you can replay the sounds and move the markers for the start of the shot and arrow landing.

Here is a you tube video on it.
    This tutorial will demonstrate how to operate the iOS App Archery Chrono from Archanet Technologies.

I was pretty skeptical but I tried it out and it was only about 2-3 fps off from my chrony chronograph. But it does measure your average speed and not the maximum speed.

Its probably not the most precise thing you can use but it will get you really close.

I might have to try it, I just chrono my bow today

Comment

I may have to try it!

Comment

Cool!! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Wouldn't work for me....my longbow is too quiet

Comment

Nice. I've been using my paintball radar chrony and it works surprisingly well.

Comment

For 99 cents can't really go wrong.

It does need to be pretty quiet when you shoot background noise makes it harder to tell the begging of when shot lands.

When I tried it out for the first time a car drove by and I couldn't tell exactly when arrow landed.

Comment

That youtube video is pretty cool

Comment

Ok, downloading now

Comment

It be really cool if somehow it could tell you how loud your bow is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sic'em View Post
                      It be really cool if somehow it could tell you how loud your bow is.
                      ya a decibel reading would be real nice. Im sure that will be out next week at the rate these apps are built. I might have to get this chrono sounds cool

Comment

Originally posted by TX_H-F View Post
                        ya a decibel reading would be real nice. Im sure that will be out next week at the rate these apps are built. I might have to get this chrono sounds cool
                        There is a db app. Saw somedude at the bow shop using one to see how loud his bow was.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            Ok, downloading now

Shot about 20 times. Kept getting readings in the 180s. Averaged out close 183 fps. I measured the distance with a tape, and I made sure to measure consistently.

I'm a little shocked.

Assuming this thing is accurate, that's about 13 fps faster than I expected although I've never shot through a chrono before. I'm shooting a 45# longbow with a 12gpp arrow.
                            Last edited by TxAg; 07-16-2012, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                              Shot about 20 times. Kept getting readings in the 180s. Averaged out close 183 fps. I measured the distance with a tape, and I made sure to measure consistently.

I'm a little shocked.

Assuming this thing is accurate, that's about 13 fps faster than I expected. I'm shooting a 45# longbow with a 12gpp arrow.
                              Have you ever shot the bow through a Chrono before? Or were you assuming the original speed?

I'm going to play with it more tomorrow. See how far The mic can pick up the arrow hitting the target. Then see if the numbers add it correctly. It should be slower the farther you shoot since drag will slow the arrow.

It is consistent though.

Comment

Working...
                              X