Brush cclearing tool...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brush cclearing tool...

Wanted to pass this on for those with front end loader tractors/skid steers. I bought a Ratchet Rake after reading about it. A google search will bring up thier website, they are sold at Tractor Supply. Anyways cleared some Mesquite,cat claw, prickly pear Saturday. It did awesome and for 350.00 cant be be beat. I used it with a Case 485-(53 hp 2wd),It took most of the roots but did leave some, not bad considering the area in the pics was so thick in some places it was hard to walk through. First 2 pics before the rake, rest of the pics after the rake. Definetly will be good for making some senderoes.
    Attached Files

Holy cow...I would say that is 350 well spent. Nice job

Comment

Nice, do you have any pics of this implament.

Comment

What does it look like?

Comment

So simple yet works outstanding. I bought the 72" model which is 5/8" thick. Would not be hard to make one if you had the metal laying around. For the price I just went ahead and bought it.

Comment

Would it work on a cactus pasture?

Comment

It does good on cactus, I think it. The cactus in the area in the pics was small and they came right up. I basically used it like in the video on thier website. I had the disc on the back of the tractor for added weight/traction and set the bucket down, lift the front tires off the ground and start scraping. It would dig in and pretty much take what is its path. Some stubborn roots I would have to back drag, like on the video, then push forward back into the pile. Did about 2 acres of thick brush in about 4 hrs.
              The thing on the cactus I like is that your not cutting it up like a shredder or disc and getting deeper under the cactus than bucket alone.

Comment

looks like it worked well

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRQ25bOFdcs&feature=player_embedded"]Ratchet Rake in Action - Tractor Attachment, Tractor Implement - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

pretty neat beats using a chainsaw !

Comment

thats cool

Comment

nice

Comment

Finally, I see a tool to use against that McCarty Rose (wild rose) that infests a great deal of my acreage and get rid of it after spraying it dead. It sure looks easy. I also have to clear a wooded area for a new cattle pen and chute. I like it !! I know my Kubota L3400 will like it too. Sure will save a lot of digging with the front end loader. Gonna get one right quick. Great job on your place. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I made one of those

4 or 5 inch angle iron and a plasma cutter. The spikes on the front are harrow teeth;

Worked great.... I liked the face on that bucket...

It might work good on cactus.. Gotta get those roots. Have a bit too much on my hay pasture.

It worked pretty darn good.

Last edited by Stan R; 12-05-2011, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Wonder how well one would work on some of that thick east Texas brush.

Comment

Working...
                              X