No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are hunting the last 8 days of the season this year. Some ML hunters booked it the week ahead of us.

I don't mind hunting when they are herded up....it seems like there are always satellite bulls trying to horde in and they can be very responsive to a cow call. I'm just glad I'm hunting this year no matter which week it is!

I think its gonna be a great year for antlers in Colorado...snowpack was great this year and they have had lots of rain so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
      ^^same thing happened to me. It's my first time putting in, but I know it was a good entry. Can anyone explain this? Also, how do I get this back door method to work??
      There is another method that works better. Go in like you are buying the habitat stamp or other license. It is described in a previous post and it is easier to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
        Here is another method to look if you drew in CO. I know Elk is updated...not sure about other species.

At the bottom you'll see the products you have on file. If you see a 500 series without "app" on the end. You drew a tag.
        Hey Ag Attack this is the method that works better.

Comment

Thanks Texas. I was able to check today and it appears I didn't draw a tag...this was my first year to put in so didn't expect to score one. Just the application and wait period alone had me pumped to go. Sounds like the beginning of another inexpensive addiction

Comment

I heard the co Elk results are posted with Unit drawn although there is a disclaimer that it could change until 5/30.

Comment

Unsuccessful on elk,
              Deer says pending, but only applied for a point.

Comment

Heading to CO in a few weeks to do some scouting and just get some clean air.

Comment

I drew my 3rd choice cow tag.

Unit 75 3rd season.

Comment

I drew 1st choice, Unit 76, cow tag, 3rd Rifle. Woo hoo!

Comment

My first choice unit 76 I did not draw for which makes 12 preference point now. 2nd choice I did draw though unit 75 1st season. Now waiting for deer results. Keeping my fingers crossed

Comment

results are now posted.

I will be OTC for archery elk.
                        2nd season rifle deer tag
                        3rd season rifle cow tag

and my wife has an archery elk tag for the first time.

Comment

Late September, CO, bow... Private land

Comment

Landowners tag in unit 15 nm 3rd week

Comment

First Choice Unit 56 Mid September. So pumped.

Comment

Just lightened my pack by 1 1/2 pounds with a new Flycreek UL1 tent !

Comment

Working...
                                X