Canadian Live Hunt - Chasing Whitetails Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Live Hunt - Chasing Whitetails Now

As some live hunt big buck threads wind down over the weekend, mine will be just beginning. I leave tomorrow evening from Calgary to hunt the Alberta Whitetail Monarchs found north of Edmonton!

I will be joining a new friend from work who has went out of his way to get me engaged in hunting Alberta. We have made two mule deer hunts in southern Alberta, and while we came close we never closed the deal during archery season.

Regular season is here now and most WMU's are draw only for elk and mule deer, so I am shut out. However, Alberta is also know for large whitetails and the crown land we will be hunting north of Edmonton is know for the big boys!

We will be a group of five with me being the lone bowhunter. I will be bringing my new rifle as well. I plan on packing both weapons to the stand. My goal is the bow, but if weather conditions (cold) make that too difficult, then I will be prepared with a plan "B".

We'll be staying in a local motel and driving to the hunting grounds each day. One guy arrived yesterday and has set up 5 rifle tower/ ladder stands. I will be picking up a couple blinds at BassPro on the way out of town.

This will be my first and only multiple day hunt this year in Alberta....pretty excited about hunting this area!
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Good Luck! Stick a big one.

Comment

Good luck, will be watching for updates

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Good Luck!! You gotta lot of ground to make up on the boys in Iowa and Illinois.

>E

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck Gary, Hope you arrow a real brute.

Comment

Hope you score, Gary!

Comment

Originally posted by B Randell View Post
                    Hope you score, Gary!
                    Bwhaaaaaaaaaa. You know why his nickname is "The Goalie"? Cause he is the guy that can't score and won't let anybody else score.

>E

Comment

Good luck, and keep me posted! I know I'm a little bit north of where you'll be, but it was a clear and sunny 18 degrees up here today. Pack the warmest clothes you own!

Comment

how cold will it be during your hunts amigo??

please send some north wind...

Comment

good luck, ill be watchin this one.

Comment

Good luck Gary!

Comment

Those deer are on steroids way up yonder! Good luck Gary and looking forward to the adventure!

Comment

Working...
                              X