How much longer can you go on a string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much longer can you go on a string?

I have a 50# bow at 58in, how much longer can I go on a string to lighten the weight? thanks

Longer brace height will make it alittle easier

Comment

will also make it have more vibration,noise and slap you on the wrist. If you need less weight trade it for a lighter bow.imo

Comment

You need to stick with the right string length....

Comment

It's best to use recommended string.

Comment

Think you need to stay with the makers recommended brace height. He built it, he knows where it performs the best. You might be able to have a bit of weight chased off the bow if it is too heavy. Or trade for something lighter.

Comment

I would listen to Bob as he knows a little about bows. I tried to lengthen the string to lessen weight on a bow for my 7 year old and it caused problems.

Comment

Lengthening the string does not change the bow draw weight at your full draw. It will still be the same. All lengthening the string will do is change the weight at which you start your draw, by changing the brace height.
                A lower brace height (lengthening the string) will start at a lighter weight because there is less tension on the limbs at that point, but the draw weight will still be the same at 28".
                Reducing draw weight on a recurve or longbow is a tricky deal unless you know what you are doing and you can ruin a bow easily.
                I think trading for a lighter bow would be the better option.

Comment

Working...
                X