Bow noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow noise

Ever had a bow you just cant get all the noise out of?
    Or am I just nit picking?

Try taking off accessories, then shooting your bow. If you remove an accessory and the noise stops, then you have found the problem. Another way is to tap on the various accessories to see which is you problem

You will never get all of the noise out of a bow, just not possible due to the laws of physics.

Comment

Just for grins shoot a real heavy arrow, 100-200grs more than you are shooting. Sometimes in the need for speed we get a light arrow and the string jumps on the cams, making a noise that you can't find. Also try what ballisticbudda has said.

Comment

Hold the bow and bump it with your fist and move it around with your ear next to it to see if you can figure out where it's making noise. The C clips on the axles are one place to check, it's happened to me.

Comment

every screw needs to be tightened, screws that are just a little bit loose will cause all kinds of rattles, and if you do have some that are loose and they won't stay tight put some wax on them and tighten them.

Comment

Which bow are you shooting?

Comment

is it the noise from the shot, or a buzzing noise from loose accessories? They are 2 entirely different things. Making sure all the screws are tight, including the ones in the draw modules if your bow has them will kill the buzzing sound. If it is noise on the shot, there is only so much you can do. Shoot a heavier arrow, like mentioned above, string whiskers and a string stopper are about all you can do. There will always be a certain amount of noise on the shot, but you can minimize it if you think it is too much.

Comment

make sure everything is tight and if you havent done it already then put on some kind of string stop and string leeches

Comment

stick a video camera next to a target at 20, 25, 30 yards and record it and play back. remember your standing right next to the sound and your target isn't! if its noticible at those distances then mess with it. other then that aim straight and keep practicing.

Comment

All the above is good advice. One other thing I do is to put those Sims Mini Limb Savers on my sight, rest and a Recurve Limb Saver on my quiver. I also have a Sims Cable Guard Dampner on my cable guard.

Comment

put a thin piece of rubber like innertube between the sight and riser and sight and quiver mount and make sure its tight if it gets quiet after you take the acc off. make sure your mod screws are tight if you have them, also draw stops and anything that has screws in it! pad your riser if you shooting a drop a way. Grease your axles,pivots, limb pockets. some cable slides are also back about making dragging noises.

Comment

You always think your own bow is loud - I do.

Yesterday, the guy shooting down the line from me said, "Wow you're bows real quiet." It wasn't to my ears though.

Yours may be quieter than you think.

Comment

I'm shooting and old pse nova but always get a clicking noise when I pull I hear it over my elbow and shoulder is there any lube I can use that won't stink? I know it's late to be doing it but I need help before the morning rolls around
                          Thanks,
                          B

Comment

Bump?

Comment

Originally posted by Bmnloader View Post
                              I'm shooting and old pse nova but always get a clicking noise when I pull I hear it over my elbow and shoulder is there any lube I can use that won't stink? I know it's late to be doing it but I need help before the morning rolls around
                              Thanks,
                              B
                              Do you have a cracked limb? Or you possibly have a waller'd out bushing on the cam.

Comment

Working...
                              X