New laptop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New laptop!

Didn't do a search so flame away. My laptop crashed so I'm looking to get a new one. Don't want to break the bank. 15 to 17 inch monitor. All I do is cruise the internet, watch utube videos and store pictures of my grandkids. Any help would be appreciated. I do want it fast. I get 10mg with my provider. Help an old fart out!!
    Last edited by doghouse; 01-19-2021, 07:23 PM.

New laptop!

Why not stick with your phone or small tablet and use the cloud to store pictures? Lot less hassle and you likely already own one. Laptops seem to work well for a year and go to poo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
      Why not stick with your phone or small tablet and use the cloud to store pictures? Lot less hassle and you likely already own one. Laptops seem to work well for a year and go to poo.

Need a bigger screen for my eyes.

Comment

Been real happy with my Lenovo laptop. Not sure what size screens they offer

Comment

Asus or Acer are the two brands I bought within the last two years. I have one at home for the kids and home use (gaming use for the kids too) and I have a separate one for graduate school.

Comment

The last 2 i have bought have been HP and still run the old one on my laser engraver.

Comment

Have had business laptops over the years - Dell, HP, lenova, acer, etc

Most bullet proof I have found have been Acers

Hope that helps

Comment

When the Wuhan Flu first hit and the schools closed we had to buy a couple of lap tops for the kids. We went with ACER and have been really impressed. I actually like them better than my work Dell. Ordered on Amazon for like $365. Can’t get the link to copy so pasted a description from Amazon.

Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, Vega 3 Graphics, 4GB DDR4, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 in S Mode, A515-43-R19L, Silver

Comment

For what you're after, hard to beat a chromebook unless you're wanting internal memory versus cloud storage. Faster than others and very inexpensive.

Comment

But parts and rebuild yours. It’s not that hard and will save you money.

Comment

I would look at blackmarket.com . Refurbished deals. I am using an HP desktop that I bought from them just a couple of months ago. But they usually have lots of laptops.

1 year warranty , but you can buy extended warranty. There are a number of companies that lease laptops to major corporations for a few years. These are then returned and the refurbishing companies clean them up, replace some components and then resell.

I am happy with mine so far and it looks like a new machine.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        Need a bigger screen for my eyes.

That’s why they made the two finger zoom [emoji23] but understand the need for larger screen.

Comment

HP Spectre is what we did for myself and our freshman in college last year and they have been great.

Comment

Look for the least expensive i5 cpu, minimum 8gb ram, and at least 256gb ssd. Most laptops arent upgradable except replacing the drive, and a possible memory expansion slot. Windows 10 home/pro.

Applications are hogs, pics and memes are big, and you will need the space.

Comment

Thanks folks!

Comment

Working...
                              X