Can anybody help with bearing ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My chill x had a bearing go out and I’m an hour from the nearest shop and the one I called wanted me to bring the bow by to “order” the bearing which means two trips and paying someone to do what I can do on my own.

I’m not an expert on reading these codes though and can’t tell if I’m seeing 5s or Ss.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t deal with it enough to remember that info but if you have a purvis bearing close they can help you out. I think there’s one in stephenville.

Comment

What he said. Just take it in. They'll mic it and give you a new one. Atleast they do here

Comment

Don’t know anything about the bearing but the picture looks like ss to me.

Comment

yea ssr3r pulls up a bearing but I can’t find the ssr3rs or ssr3r5

Comment

Originally posted by PigOPs View Post
            yea ssr3r pulls up a bearing but I can’t find the ssr3rs or ssr3r5

Get on OD, ID an thickness with a dial caliper and call Purvis.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

All bearings and seal part numbers are the same no matter the part number zoom in further find the part number. Google. And order

Comment

Timken 33PP5 if you ever need to know. Disappointed that Mathews used Chinese bearings. No wonder one busted.

Comment

There is a Purvis on 121 in Fort Worth.

Comment

Granger.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                      There is a Purvis on 121 in Fort Worth.
                      Purvis built a new store on the East side of I35 just north of Meacham Field Blvd in Fort Worth.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

SSR3 is the bearing #, “2RS” means a rubber seal on each side. Very popular size and any purvis, motion or DXP should have in stock

Comment

McMaster Carr Part# 60355K861. $3.55ea. If you order before 3pm tomorrow you will have Thursday. It’s just a R3 bearing with 2 rubber seals. Most bearing houses don’t stock anything under R6. You might get lucky though.

Comment

That's what pro shops are for and could prob use the business.

Plus gives you time to scrape up a lil $$$ between trips to get that new bow.

Sorry, I'm no help on the bearing......

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                              That's what pro shops are for and could prob use the business.

Plus gives you time to scrape up a lil $$$ between trips to get that new bow.

Sorry, I'm no help on the bearing......

I took it in and called another. Mathews won’t sell a bearing, only a cam. Wanted $130 for it. Closest pro shop is also an hour away.

I also quite enjoy having the ability to work on my own stuff. I replaced all 4 bearings for $32 and now have better bearings and saved $100 in parts and two trips to the pro shop.

There are a couple of really good pro shops north and south of me and I do my part to support them. My fave is Hoffys but they’re even further away. I loved Gateway but Jim moved his business to Fort Worth from Stephenville.

I’d buy a new bow if a 35” ATA came out that wowed me. Until then my chill x has killed 5 Whitetail and at least 10 pigs this season. I’ll stick with it...

Comment

Working...
                              X