Roy Hindes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Hindes

I got to meet the man last night pretty cool man down to earth. He was called in for a young man first buck . Wish had time to hear some stories and pick his brain on training tracking dogs. Yes he found the buck still alive the dog bay in the tank. Crazy the whole thing to around 30 minutes give or take then off to the next one

Very nice

Comment

Remarkable guy and a wealth of knowledge. Great articles written about him

Comment

He made a stop by the ranch a couple of nights ago here, too.

I had never had the opportunity to meet him in person - he and his son-in-law John are good people.

And yes, Migo found our young hunters buck also.

Comment

Was this Waylon’s buck?

Comment

Yes

Comment

His son in law John and I graduated together. I got to see Rufus work. Those dogs are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had the pleasure of watching him work last year. Worth every single penny!

Comment

Great guy, great friend, his families history is amazing and his dogs story even more so, and awesome fiddle player too.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                    Great guy, great friend, his families history is amazing and his dogs story even more so, and awesome fiddle player too.
                    Well, if you're gonna track in Texas...

His place is a few miles down the road from us.

Comment

Living Texas Legend right there.

Comment

He's tracked a couple for me over the years. Dogs caught one that was still alive in a creek(this was amazing to witness) and found the other dead. Great guy for sure and his dogs are all business!

Comment

His son-in-law John and his dog Migo sure helped me out this past weekend. Would have never recovered the buck without them.

Comment

Buzzbait I played ball with John in high school.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Living Texas Legend right there.
                              This!

Met him once and got to follow along on the track of a monster. Rufus found the buck dead within about 45 minutes of some of the thickest brush I have ever seen.

I still remember him walking through the brush with that very large antenna tracking Rufus. There were numerous points that I had to crawl and remove my ball cap just to get through. His cowboy hat never moved and he weaved in out of the brush like nothing I had ever seen. All while carrying this big *** antenna.

Once we got back to camp, he was offered a bed and declined. He pulled out his sleeping roll and slept on the floor. This was around 3:00 AM. We were still up the next morning when he left. We offered him breakfast and of course he declined. He had to get on the road to play fiddle for one of his friends that had passed away.

Although I hope I never have to call him to track a buck, I am glad I was there for that experience. Me and my buddies still talk about it to this day.

Oh, and that hat. It only came off twice. Once when he met some of the ladies in camp and once he went inside to go to sleep.
                              Last edited by double lung; 01-04-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X