Kansas Pheasants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas Pheasants

Anybody heard any reports on bird crops for this year?
    Looking at going opening weekend and meeting up with my brothers and a few other folks. Plan on going around the Dodge City area. Anybody want to tag along, holler at me. The more people we have pushing, the more birds we can get up!!!

Look at their drought map and proceed accordingly. The spots I hunt in the western portion of the state got hit hard and bird numbers are low.

Comment

Reports are out on Ks web site and for the area, shows to be good. About the same for last year and my brother said they limited out last year. He’s driving up the Thursday before and scout out the WIHA’s. He will also be knocking on some doors. He always finds some private ground to hunt on as well. If anybody wants to join us, shoot me a PM.

Comment

I'm not far from Liberal and really not far from Dodge. I've seen a bunch of birds this year.

Comment

When is opening weekend?

Comment

Will be in Liberal for the opener this year. Went last year in late season and did ok. Looking forward to the opener.

Comment

I might have to go late season. I have an English Cocker Spaniel coming up on 2 years that really needs to work some wild birds. I scouted quail in my rolling plains haunts and numbers are way down again. Same with high plains blues. So maybe a midwinter trip to KS or NE for me. I am booked with drawn deer and elk hunts through December.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                Reports are out on Ks web site and for the area, shows to be good. About the same for last year and my brother said they limited out last year. He’s driving up the Thursday before and scout out the WIHA’s. He will also be knocking on some doors. He always finds some private ground to hunt on as well. If anybody wants to join us, shoot me a PM.
                We should stay in touch. We have a guy who will be scouting around liberal a few days ahead of the opener too. Might be worth trading phone numbers and communicating and if one of us is on birds a lot better than the other, we could meet up. We'll have 4 hunters and 2 dogs. Liberal and dodge city are only an hour and a half apart or so.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                  When is opening weekend?
                  Always 2nd Saturday in November.

Comment

i might be interested. Ive got 2 pointers. Me and my 9yr old would prob be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                      We should stay in touch. We have a guy who will be scouting around liberal a few days ahead of the opener too. Might be worth trading phone numbers and communicating and if one of us is on birds a lot better than the other, we could meet up. We'll have 4 hunters and 2 dogs. Liberal and dodge city are only an hour and a half apart or so.

We used to hunt just north/northwest from there. I’ll send ya a PM later.
                      Originally posted by pervis View Post
                      i might be interested. Ive got 2 pointers. Me and my 9yr old would prob be interested.
                      My nephew will have his GSP, not sure if any of his friends have dogs. They have been hunting the same areas for the last 3 or 4 years and he says he knows where several coveys of quail are as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        We used to hunt just north/northwest from there. I’ll send ya a PM later.

My nephew will have his GSP, not sure if any of his friends have dogs. They have been hunting the same areas for the last 3 or 4 years and he says he knows where several coveys of quail are as well.
                        Sounds good!

Comment

Working...
                        X