No announcement yet.

Any value to these arrowheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reel threat is right. Those probably came from Libya. they are very old but not much value .

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
      I know you said this as a joke but please don't do that.... more than likely most won't be found and years from know some archeologist could be completely jacked up wondering how points from Africa wound up in Texas.
      Then he would have job security trying to figure that out

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Reel threat is right. Those probably came from Libya. they are very old but not much value .
        So what you’re saying is they’re embargo arrowheads. Sound pretty valuable to me. I never would associate Libya and arrowheads but I guess it is North Africa. So y’all are thinking he purchased them, not found them? He was driller / then company man for years. I know he worked overseas some but mostly around the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
          Then he would have job security trying to figure that out
          Me thinks it would make for interesting conversation. There’s plenty of other junk around the ranch for them to get into to wonder how it got there too.

Comment

History is always worth saving. Coming from North Africa is pretty cool to me.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
              So what you’re saying is they’re embargo arrowheads. Sound pretty valuable to me. I never would associate Libya and arrowheads but I guess it is North Africa. So y’all are thinking he purchased them, not found them? He was driller / then company man for years. I know he worked overseas some but mostly around the US.
              He probably found them over there. Some of those may be 75,000 years old where 12000 is really old in Anerica. They look totally legit. The problem is that habitation existed much earlier in Africa and stone tools were made and lost much longer so many times more can be found there than here.

Comment

I'm bringing this thread back to life. as i was searching for chokes for the 10G I just sold, I found the arrowheads again. I am thinking about selling them all as package for $200 shipped unless any of you can see any of them in there that are really valuable. the Black Crab Claw one is neat looking especially if its really old.

any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post

that is funny. i'm not really sure how good their powers of observation are. i have hunted with them for years. some of them don't have a strong grasp of the obvious.
                  Maybe put it in there blind, or stand. They might think someone was “ trespassing”.

Comment

i wanted to get a couple made into arrows and wedge them into parts of their feeders like they had been shot at a hog or deer but most have cameras

Comment

Working...
                    X