Travel Trailor tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Trailor tips

Looking at a bumper pull in the 24-33ft range. This will be my first one. I’m looking for brand recommendations.

And any other tidbits you’d like to share in general.

Thanks

Keep them out of the sun as much as possible! My experience is they all look really nice but are built really cheap! If you get one with the rubber roof make sure and do the maintenance on the material properly. I would do some research on a rubber roof vs metal roof..I would think the metal roof would be a better option!

Comment

Thanks. Haven’t thought of that

Comment

Whatever you buy IMMEDIATELY paint the roof seams and around all the vents/AC in DICOR. Once it dries cover the DICOR with that tape that's made to cover TT seams, etc. Preventive is FAR easier than fixing.....

I have a saying....."there are only 2 types of campers, salvage titled and those that are going to be"...😉
        Last edited by Slicefixer; 12-27-2020, 03:07 PM.

Comment

feel free to save my info .... I am in the rv business..... but on the repair side.
          as far as trailers go stay away from KZ manufacturing, Jayco for sure as far as newer models go.
          middle of road would be heartland and keystone
          best built in my opinion is A grand design and ATC

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
            Whatever you buy IMMEDIATELY paint the roof seams and around all the vents/AC in DACOR. Once it dries cover the DACOR with that tape that's made to cover TT seams, etc. Preventive is FAR easier than fixing.....

I have a saying....."there are only 2 types of campers, salvage titled and those that are going to be"...😉
            Solid advice....with RVs, it’s all about the ROOF! In addition to coatings I’ve found the EternaBond tape to be a must have item!

Comment

Aluminum construction and aluminum roof!
              They’re just harder to find and most of them don’t have all the bells and whistles, I think work & play made a pretty decent one not sure anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                Solid advice....with RVs, it’s all about the ROOF! In addition to coatings I’ve found the EternaBond tape to be a must have item!
                THAT'S the name of that d@mn tape.....hehehe

I've got 4 or 5 rolls of it and use it for other applications beyond the TT.
                Man, it's tough and durable stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by RDL View Post
                  Aluminum construction and aluminum roof!
                  They’re just harder to find and most of them don’t have all the bells and whistles, I think work & play made a pretty decent one not sure anymore

Mine is a Elite toy hauler gooseneck but Sundowner toy haulers makes a really good one in a bumper pull

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                    THAT'S the name of that d@mn tape.....hehehe

I've got 4 or 5 rolls of it and use it for other applications beyond the TT.
                    Man, it's tough and durable stuff.
                    Same...I keep it around for other little projects as well. Heat it up and that sh** will stick to **** near anything. Once it does.....it ain’t leaking...period! Good stuff!

Comment

does anyone still buy airstream trailers as they seem to be the longest lasting
                      Every trailer I have bought got water damage/ rotting, my buddies with airstream don’t seem to be dealing with it as much

Comment

Airstream seems to be at or near the top of every list I can find of highly rated travel trailers. I didn’t notice any bump outs and lower number of people they could sleep though.

Comment

Airstream also cost more.

Comment

Airstream without a doubt if money is no issue but Grand design for more traditional style.

Comment

I bought a cheapy 20 years ago and it held up great, never had an issue. After 10 years sold it and bought a nicer one and have one minor issue after another. One of the ACs went out at 3 years. Water leaks, squeaky floor, leaking gas line, etc.
                              I feel the quality has slipped over the years

Comment

Working...
                              X