She’s coming home.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	019751EB-4A00-49E3-A809-D7277CE83A97.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	24628302

Comment

Originally posted by HunterRoss View Post

My 88 Samurai, I got about the same deal you are getting (price and motor condition). I put a ton of time, elbow grease and little money in it. But it’s now an awesome rig that has handled anything I’ve thrown at it with ease. You should not pass that deal up, 88.5’s are a sought after year. Feel free to shoot me any questions. If you end up looking for a good mechanic that specializes in Samurai’s, Zuks of Hazards in Splendora is top notch.
      You have any more photos of your rig? Looks pretty slick

Comment

When I drew Matador years ago there was a group that brought one, one look at it and I figured they would have got it stuck in the deep sand there but they ran the thing all over that compartment until its tongue was hanging out.

Comment

My family and I have 3 at my lease. You got a great deal!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, you stole that one!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They make great elk hunting rigs as well, anything in the mountains. Narrow enough to go almost down any road on the NF.
              Have fun with it.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase she looks like a cream puff!
                Now let fun begin, look into some Samurai forums for guidance, buy parts from Samurai specialized dealers. They are cool little capable off-road machines!

Comment

not sure I would want a tin top. I bet they get hot in the summer.
                  But we love our stripped down sammy. the fold down windshield is a life saver in the summer.

When our OEM carb started acting up, we put a Weber w/water choke and it has been flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                    not sure I would want a tin top. I bet they get hot in the summer.
                    But we love our stripped down sammy. the fold down windshield is a life saver in the summer.

When our OEM carb started acting up, we put a Weber w/water choke and it has been flawless.
                    Mine has a Webber carb in it. Changed the oil, add gas and additive to the old gas. I drove it up the road yesterday. It has a blown head gasket. No water in the oil though. Gonna have to park it for a while to decide what to do. Texted the guy at Zucs Of Hazard In Splendora. I did they they can sell me a 1.3 head with 1.6 valves in it. He said it make a pretty good difference in power. May do that instead of just putting on a new head gasket. Thought about replacing entire engine with something else, but not sure what route I want to go yet.
                    But I like it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
                      Mine has a Webber carb in it. Changed the oil, add gas and additive to the old gas. I drove it up the road yesterday. It has a blown head gasket. No water in the oil though. Gonna have to park it for a while to decide what to do. Texted the guy at Zucs Of Hazard In Splendora. I did they they can sell me a 1.3 head with 1.6 valves in it. He said it make a pretty good difference in power. May do that instead of just putting on a new head gasket. Thought about replacing entire engine with something else, but not sure what route I want to go yet.
                      But I like it!!
                      How much is the new head?

For what you paid, I bet you would still be ahead on it.

Comment

Originally posted by palmetto View Post
                        how much is the new head?

For what you paid, i bet you would still be ahead on it.
                        $425

Comment

Got a new head, gasket, water pump, and timing belt put on last week. Shes ready to roll.

Comment

Cheapest upgrade to any Sammy is 3 inch header and complete 3 inch exhaust, letting that little motor breath makes a HUGE change..

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                              Cheapest upgrade to any Sammy is 3 inch header and complete 3 inch exhaust, letting that little motor breath makes a HUGE change..
                              3” exhaust? That’s huge! 😬

Comment

Originally posted by HunterRoss View Post

My 88 Samurai, I got about the same deal you are getting (price and motor condition). I put a ton of time, elbow grease and little money in it. But it’s now an awesome rig that has handled anything I’ve thrown at it with ease. You should not pass that deal up, 88.5’s are a sought after year. Feel free to shoot me any questions. If you end up looking for a good mechanic that specializes in Samurai’s, Zuks of Hazards in Splendora is top notch.

Dang.... that’s a heck of a nice Muley!

Comment

Working...
                                X