Thoughts on Samuri?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Samuri?

I recently ran across a parked Samuri and visited with the owner about selling it. He said he’d take about $1500 for it as is. It’s a 1988.5, completely stock. 5 speed. Hard top. He did say that he’s owned it for about 20 years but a few months ago it ended up with a little water in the oil. (It was inspected in 2019) so I know it’s been driving in the last year. Body is very straight, and no rust that I could see. IF I had to replace head gasket, or minor engine work, do y’all think it would be worth gettting, to possibly keep, or maybe even flip it and sell it?
    I’ve never messed with them but always thought they were cool looking.
    Worth messing with?

Yep

THat's a great deal. They are in demand nowadays

Comment

Sounds like a good deal to me. I think the 88.5 and up are fuel injected, right? Not that it matters too much but it would be an added bonus, especially at that price.

Comment

Great deal. You should buy it.

If you pass on it, send me the information. I would buy,

Comment

I want it if you don’t.

Comment

Definitely worth $1500 even if it needs a little work.

Comment

do it

Comment

Provided nothing else is wrong with it, worst case is a long block for around $2500 for a total investment under $5K with fluids and clutch. For that you will have a really good rig that will go almost anywhere.

Comment

I still kick myself for selling mine
                  Have fun with the project!

Comment

suki!

I have an 88', had for 8 yrs. it has never let me down. a little ugly. only $ I ever put in it was a new battery, and a man. carb(replaced water choke). I did buy a new set of rims/tires for off-season, my daughter starting driving it @ 7! it has been street legal until this april, bc I didn't take it for inspection/registration...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	10B0D161-8506-4F92-80EA-C0B7F2DC19AD.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	24627982
                      Here is a picture of it. I’m gonna go back next week and try to pick it up.

Comment

My 88 Samurai, I got about the same deal you are getting (price and motor condition). I put a ton of time, elbow grease and little money in it. But it’s now an awesome rig that has handled anything I’ve thrown at it with ease. You should not pass that deal up, 88.5’s are a sought after year. Feel free to shoot me any questions. If you end up looking for a good mechanic that specializes in Samurai’s, Zuks of Hazards in Splendora is top notch.

Comment

So, I’m guessing the hard tops do NOT come off at all? Right?

Comment

No, the tin tops do not have a removable top, but the interiors are typically in better condition than most soft tops you find. And generally soft tops didn’t come stock with A/C like the tin tops.

Comment

I have a 88 that i paid a little more for so i think thats a deal. if you need work done on it talk to Zuks of Hazards in Splendora they rebuilt front end and iam waiting on new motor (832)918-6169 great guys and they will answer any of your question

Comment

Working...
                              X