GM strike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM strike

At what point are these folks going to be happy?
    Should they all make 200k and have all healthcare paid for? Lord knows it's unfair they have to contribute to their healthcare.

It’s not the people I don’t think. It’s the greed of the Union bosses. GM has come back strong and the Union wants a bigger slice of it.

I often wonder how far these go before GM simply says you’re all fired, and hire all new people. Turn it into a real sheeeeet show, full of scabs and never permit a Union to organize within again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It takes a lot of money donating to the Democrat party!

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
        It’s not the people I don’t think. It’s the greed of the Union bosses. GM has come back strong and the Union wants a bigger slice of it.

I often wonder how far these go before GM simply says you’re all fired, and hire all new people. Turn it into a real sheeeeet show, full of scabs and never permit a Union to organize within again.

I wish that would happen everytime a union of any kind strikes. Give them 30 days to get back to work or hit the road. Those employees at GM ain't hurting for money and the whole " better working conditions " might play in China but the conditions are pretty **** good here.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          I wish that would happen everytime a union of any kind strikes. Give them 30 days to get back to work or hit the road. Those employees at GM ain't hurting for money and the whole " better working conditions " might play in China but the conditions are pretty **** good here.

I agree. I also think the Union big wigs are doing this to play Trump. The know Trump wants business done in America. GM can simply cross over to Mexico or Canada and have no Union issues.

Trump risked life and limb selling out so Made in USA [emoji631]would be relevant again. Unionbosses know this. They want something out of it.

Comment

Good point Mike, but they had better wait until GM actually increases the jobs here on this side of the border first... They start this crap now, GM will just stay in Mexico or build more facilities in Mexico and shrink their US presence... They're gonna have to get up pretty early to beat Trump at HIS game. He's pretty good at it...

Comment

20 years with GM and you can retire a millionaire...EASILY

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                Really? Please explain.

Comment

If it weren't for the unions the new 2020 C2500HD Duramax would cost only $35k instead of $70K. Fire all their azzes! There's plenty of people that would jump all over $25 hr to work an assembly line and get 2 weeks paid vac. a year and a 401k.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                    20 years at any decent company you can be a millionaire.

I've got news for you, a million dollars ain't what it used to be, I sure wouldn't try to retire on only a million.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                      Really? Please explain.

$100k per year at 20 years is $2 million; net of course. By the time you pay taxes and union dues you should still easily clear $1 million.

Not to mention retirement benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        $100k per year at 20 years is $2 million; net of course. By the time you pay taxes and union dues you should still easily clear $1 million.

Not to mention retirement benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        This is true but after living expenses and keeping that million dollars liquid in an account after twenty years is another story. Or the way I interpret it anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          20 years at any decent company you can be a millionaire.

I've got news for you, a million dollars ain't what it used to be, I sure wouldn't try to retire on only a million.
                          Also true but it depends on how you have taken care of business, your age, benefits you retire with etc. Just my 2 cents and that’s all it’s worth.

Comment

Saw a clip of a news report this morning where the commentator asked the reporter on scene how much the average GM salary is.
                            He replied salary and other compensation combined to make it $ 63.00 and hr.
                            Ford was 61, and others like Toyota were in th neighborhood of 53 per hr.
                            So these ingrates make more than other in comparison and still striking..Pizz off

Comment

Cant imagine why the tax payers had to bail them out.

Comment

Working...
                              X