No announcement yet.

VP racing fuel jugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm willing to bet they all say "not for highway fuel" in order to avoid the epa mandated garbage that's glued to all the other normal gas cans now days.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      I'm willing to bet they all say "not for highway fuel" in order to avoid the epa mandated garbage that's glued to all the other normal gas cans now days.
      This is what I'm thinking. They say they can have "offroad or racing fuel" in them but not "highway gas".
      EPA has applied new safety factors to gas cans for spillage & venting. These don't meet the new spec's so I'm sure that's why it says what it says. I was stand-offish about getting the Atwood's ones but since they say "offroad or racing fuel" is acceptable, I'm going to get some. Racing fuel is 104+ octane so if they can handle that, they can handle 87-89 octane I'd be carrying in them.
      I use Jerry Cans for heavy offroad use.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        Thank you, TrailDust. I've been looking for that.

Those VP Racing and Jegs jugs are utility jugs and not for "highway fuel use". It even says that on the containers.

This is a way for them to get around the EPA restrictions that make all the other gas cans unusable

Comment

Y’all are missing out on the LC2 jugs. Same cost but have vent and 2nd handle for pouring.

I have both, I know the difference.

Comment

VP racing fuel jugs

We carry 5 gallons of gas in a VP container on our fire boat at work to help disabled boats. Leak free and works better than any other can we've used over the years

Comment

I guess if I'm storing gas in them that will go into my mowers or ATV's that is "off road" use, right?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Y’all are missing out on the LC2 jugs. Same cost but have vent and 2nd handle for pouring.

I have both, I know the difference.
                I didn’t see any LC2 for $15.99. Where did you find them for that?

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                  I didn’t see any LC2 for $15.99. Where did you find them for that?

Never seen a VP in that price range either. But since the LC2 adds a vent and a 2nd handle for pouring I would give a little extra for it.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                    This is what I'm thinking. They say they can have "offroad or racing fuel" in them but not "highway gas".
                    EPA has applied new safety factors to gas cans for spillage & venting. These don't meet the new spec's so I'm sure that's why it says what it says. I was stand-offish about getting the Atwood's ones but since they say "offroad or racing fuel" is acceptable, I'm going to get some. Racing fuel is 104+ octane so if they can handle that, they can handle 87-89 octane I'd be carrying in them.
                    I use Jerry Cans for heavy offroad use.
                    X2. Why would they be ok for everything BUT highway gasoline?

Mine have been used for gas and gas only for about 4 years. No complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Never seen a VP in that price range either. But since the LC2 adds a vent and a 2nd handle for pouring I would give a little extra for it.
                      The ones I posted and bought above are made by VP as I said. If I didn’t need 6 I probably would have bought the LC2 for the handles. They look like they would work great.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another option for fuel storage/transport:

Home of the worlds toughest overland, offroad, accessory fuel containers, water containers, and mounting hardware. Rotationally molded for unrivaled strength with multiple mounting options available. Find the perfect fuel container for any adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                          Bought 6 of these, made by VP according to the specs.
                          I bought 2 reds one's for that price, I hope they have the added handle for pouring.. The VP one i bought was 45.00.

Comment

Atwood’s has them for 19.99 I think. I like them better because the spout is bigger and you get a faster flow rate.

Comment

Working...
                            X