Over Run with Mice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
    now I’m waiting on my electronic repellent devices to come in the mail Thursday. Will try these out this weekend. Hope they work.
    Good luck with them. Had a guy bring us a bunch of them to the ranch. One had a mouse nest right next to it. I guess they wanted to have a nice night light!

Comment

Yeah the green bait sucks. Just get the One Bite. We had them bad and it killed them all. Watched a pack rat drag an arrow under the couch one night

Comment

Get yourself a mink.

Comment

I have tried the One Bite. Put in in one of those commercial black boxes with hole for entry/exit. Slid it under the house. Went back in two weeks and couldn’t find the box. Whatever took it off must have been big. Guess I’ll try it again, but will anchor the box down this time.

Comment

We've had them really bad. The best thing you can do is keep the area around the house mowed so that the rats have to go out in the open to get in and out of the house. It gives predators a better chance of getting to them and discourages the rats to come out in the first place. The bigger the area, the better

Second, we made bait dispensers out of PVC. Its a simple T, you mount it upside down. Hang a wire rope top to bottom, and thread the bait on so that it gravity feeds to the bottom. Dogs, cats and coons cant get to the bait. Link below is the basic premise of what we build, but make the vertical portion much taller so that we can load 20+ bait blocks. zip tie them to fence posts around the yard.

Finally, we keep a couple commercial black boxes around the house, under tables, fridges, etc.

Comment

Good luck with the rats. I've been dealin with 'em for years in the barn. Cats are sceered of 'em and the snakes are too. Seem to be immune to any poison I put out and they seem to have learned about traps and shy away from them. Ants ate the peanut butter off the water bucket roller trap I made after about a week of no mouses trapped. I still lose about 20 lbs a month of chicken feed to the rats. Gonna start putting the feeders in a 55 gal drum @ night(that's when they raid the feeders) To see if that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                I have tried the One Bite. Put in in one of those commercial black boxes with hole for entry/exit. Slid it under the house. Went back in two weeks and couldn’t find the box. Whatever took it off must have been big. Guess I’ll try it again, but will anchor the box down this time.

I just ran a drywall screw threw the block into the floor

Comment

Squirrel live trap works great on those huge rats
                  Easy to trap.
                  Mice ? Well one bite might be the best, but keep it away from the pets.
                  I know a couple horror stories

Comment

This type of trap works wonders, costs very little and they don't smell when they die.

Comment

This type trap works great for Just One Bite - Can DIY with PVC tube and cap to hang bait

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                        This type of trap works wonders, costs very little and they don't smell when they die.
                        What do you use for bait on the bottle?

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                          Get a rat terrier dog. She has killed many over the years here.
                          Thats why there so named...There reflexs are so fast..There great pets but so hyper...and barky
                          Last edited by cva34; 07-09-2019, 05:34 AM.

Comment

I picked up an electric trap at ace hardware that electrocutes them whenever they walk inside. Ours is a champ!

Comment

The electronic things don't work. It's a gimmick.

Watch moustrap monday's on youtube. guy try's out thousands of different' traps and "home remedies."

You can get rolling logs (for 5 gallon bucket traps) on ebay. They are cheap and work great. I put about a gallon of anti-freeze in the bottom to keep the stink down. This way you can use them when you are not there.

Also, eliminate all food sources. I don't even use poison b/c that just attracts more....sure it may or may not kill them but it still attracts others.

Comment

I had a mouse in my garage. He wasnt your average everyday mouse, he was a labratory mouse. He was so smart. I would set up camera and watch him avoid my traps. This went on for months until he found himself full of ratshot. Best of luck to you.

For entertainment watch Mousetrap Monday on youtube.

Comment

Working...
                                X