TYHP: Our first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYHP: Our first time

As y'all know, my son was drawn for his first hunt. We had an absolute blast. Great people running this one. It was The Dr. Bob Dittmar Memorial Hunt. My son killed a doe ad a spike. He made several new friends. Saw a ton of deer, along with one really nice buck at like 5-6yds. We will definately be applying for more in the future. If you have kids that love the outdoors and to hunt, i highly recommend this program. I had read about it on here a lot. My only regret i have is i didn't get my daughter involved....anyways, just my thoughts about our first, and hopefully not our last, experience with the program.

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
    As y'all know, my son was drawn for his first hunt. We had an absolute blast. Great people running this one. It was The Dr. Bob Dittmar Memorial Hunt. My son killed a doe ad a spike. He made several new friends. Saw a ton of deer, along with one really nice buck at like 5-6yds. We will definately be applying for more in the future. If you have kids that love the outdoors and to hunt, i highly recommend this program. I had read about it on here a lot. My only regret i have is i didn't get my daughter involved....anyways, just my thoughts about our first, and hopefully not our last, experience with the program.
    Top notch program. I've been on 3 hunts with my daughter, 2 Deer and one Turkey hunt. Always a great time.

Comment

So where did the hunt take place at? Since our daughter is grown, I don't look at the youth hunts. So I am not familiar with them.

Glad your son got some deer, sounds like he had fun.

Comment

I absolutely love this program! I took my stepdaughter on 4 of them. I wish I knew about it sooner when my boys were growing up.
        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-11-2022, 09:22 AM.

Comment

It is a great program. We've been on 2 hunts so far with the org. Both were run by incredible human beings that care about kids and the future of this pastime. If you can get drawn for the Freeman Ranch hunt, I highly recommend putting in for it.

Comment

Awesome to hear. My son has been hunting with TYHP for 7 years. It is an amazing program for sure.

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
              So where did the hunt take place at? Since our daughter is grown, I don't look at the youth hunts. So I am not familiar with them.

Glad your son got some deer, sounds like he had fun.

Doss WMA. We hunted on the Ekert Ranch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I absolutely love this program! I took my stepdaughter of 4 of them. I wish I knew about it sooner when my boys were growing up.

Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X