Do y'all ever feel like.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do y'all ever feel like.....

Huntin gets to feeling like a 2nd job? Don't get me wrong I love huntin. Absolutely love it, always have. But man by the time Summer rolls around I sure do enjoy getting to sleep in on the weekends. I'm not burnt out on it. I'm just tired. In a way it kind of is a 2nd job for me. I predator hunt to make extra cash selling fur. I get up early,no different than during the week and go huntin. The only time I skip is if it's really windy. When Spring rolls around I'll be rattlesnake huntin every day. Then there's turkey huntin thrown in the mix. Today I just stopped and thought, man.....I'm exhausted. Ain't had much luck lately so I think I notice it more. Killing anything while hunting isn't a guarantee. Slow days ain't no fun.

It takes a lot not to hit the snooze button or just shut my alarm off completely when I know I can. Especially on super cold days and I'm warm. I kinda hate it that sometimes I think, well crap I gotta get up and go huntin.
    Last edited by okrattler; 12-25-2021, 11:46 AM.

You need to take a short break and re-energize

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
        You need to take a short break and re-energize
        Definitely. In January it's only going to get worse if I don't. Kansas legalized night huntin for coyotes so I'll be doing a fair amount of that up there here pretty soon.

Maybe it's just me getting older, I don't know. The cold hurts my hands where I've broken fingers and had other injuries more than it used to. I get stove up sitting in the bitter cold. I just ain't running full steam like I feel like I used to or like I should be.

Comment

I do. I don't shoot anymore, just take my grandsons. First thought in my mind is "I they kill anything I'll have to butcher it. I do enjoy my time with those boys though. They are 5, 7, and 9.

Comment

Uhhh, if you’re hunting and making money, it is a second job.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Definitely. In January it's only going to get worse if I don't. Kansas legalized night huntin for coyotes so I'll be doing a fair amount of that up there here pretty soon.

Maybe it's just me getting older, I don't know. The cold hurts my hands where I've broken fingers and had other injuries more than it used to. I get stove up sitting in the bitter cold. I just ain't running full steam like I feel like I used to or like I should be.
              Age will do that to you.

Comment

Huntin gets to feeling like a 2nd job? Don't get me wrong I love huntin. Absolutely love it, always have. But man by the time Summer rolls around I sure do enjoy getting to sleep in on the weekends. I'm not burnt out on it. I'm just tired. In a way it kind of is a 2nd job for me. I predator hunt to make extra cash selling fur. I get up early,no different than during the week and go huntin. The only time I skip is if it's really windy. When Spring rolls around I'll be rattlesnake huntin every day. Then there's turkey huntin thrown in the mix. Today I just stopped and thought, man.....I'm exhausted. Ain't had much luck lately so I think I notice it more. Killing anything while hunting isn't a guarantee. Slow days ain't no fun.

It takes a lot not to hit the snooze button or just shut my alarm off completely when I know I can. Especially on super cold days and I'm warm. I kinda hate it that sometimes I think, well crap I gotta get up and go huntin.

Sounds like your testosterone levels may be low. I’m worn out by Christmas every year but just keep pushing. It’s a lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I honestly do not care anything about shooting a deer anymore...but I keep shooting to help my friend reduce his numbers/mouths on his ranch. The bonus is some healthy red meat! Maybe next year I will dust off my bow again and put a trophy on the ground with my bow.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                    Sounds like your testosterone levels may be low. I’m worn out by Christmas every year but just keep pushing. It’s a lifestyle.

I've thought about maybe that being the problem. But I'm only 32 so I don't know if that happens to guys my age. I lift weights and stay active and on top of that I work and hunt. I thought about it and I really don't slow down and just do nothing. I'm hardly ever home except to sleep pretty much. And that could be part of the problem. I really don't know. Might be as simple to fix as just do less.....relax. Get a full nights sleep. It never really bothered me before but I think being on the go all the time kinda caught up to me.

Comment

I've thought about maybe that being the problem. But I'm only 32 so I don't know if that happens to guys my age. I lift weights and stay active and on top of that I work and hunt. I thought about it and I really don't slow down and just do nothing. I'm hardly ever home except to sleep pretty much. And that could be part of the problem. I really don't know. Might be as simple to fix as just do less.....relax. Get a full nights sleep. It never really bothered me before but I think being on the go all the time kinda caught up to me.

I’ll be at the ranch Sunday to Sunday this week and I’m sure I’ll sleep in one day to recharge the batteries.

I’ll be back for last 4 day hunt mid January and by then I’m usually done for about a month then I start getting the itch so I usually do a hog hunt end of February or beginning of March.

I’m driving 8 to 9 hours one way every couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                        Uhhh, if you’re hunting and making money, it is a second job.
                        X2. Been hunting 54 years and love it and I can't wait to retire so I can hunt even more.

Comment

It certainly will bro. I’m 43 and feel that way at times. Take a you a weekend off and recover…I usually use the tiredness as my motivation to get it done and be able to rest. Guiding my daughters and girlfriend, on top of trying to not miss a weekend and taking days off from work to make 3-4 day weekend will catch up to you.

I’d definitely have your Test levels checked too. It makes a difference.

Comment

That's why God made fishing season in the spring and summer and hunting in the fall and winter.

Comment

Yup, I think you are burning the candle at both ends. It will catch up with you. I saw a quote the other day "It's ok not to do everything" slow down and enjoy some free time. I get the same way, feel like I have to go from sun up to sundown, I think it will make an old man out of you before your time. Slow and steady wins the race, it's hard to adjust but worth it. I even have a hard time sitting still on vacation, feel like I should be doing something.......it's a battle.

Comment

Working...
                              X