Removing squirrels from attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing squirrels from attic

I have 2 squirrels that have taken up in my attic. It appears they are coming in from the roof vent, I haven’t had a chance to get up there and seal it off or inspect it yet. However, I wanted to know if anyone has any remedies of getting rid of them? So far I have a baited squirrel trap out in the yard in a place I know they frequent but no luck yet. I have killed one with the pellet gun. I often see them in the same spot on a tree but can’t always shoot at them since a neighbors house is always in the line of fire. I do know they are using my fence line so Im thinking about securing a big glue trap on the fence. Lets hear your thoughts.

I've had the problem a couple times.

Those worthless tree rats chewed through my soffit to live in my attic during the winter. Were even storing and eating pecans in the attic.

Now I use Black Cat rat bait/pellets. Make certain there is not any water accessible or in any of your mechanical drip pans. When they eat the bait, they will leave for a water source. Then they will die.

Comment

Rat Zapper RZC001-4 Classic Rat Trap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002665ZTC...G56WCVATG20GY0

Works on squirrels to. Ultimately you need to plug the holes they are using to get in.

Comment

pellet gun

Comment

I have a jack russel for rent. Video the incident and we both get paid

Comment

As even pest control pros will tell you, squirrels are notoriously difficult to trap in an attic. About the best you can do is run them out and close the hole. If there is just one place they are getting in you can use a "squirrel exclusion device" basically a one way door so when they leave they can't get back in. (I've had some luck running them out using roach bombs.) The one-way door worked for me but they soon just chewed another hole. I ran them out again but this time set traps in the backyard and shot everyone I saw.

Comment

I fear once I run them out and seal up the hole they will chew through another spot in my house.

Pellet gun works well but they are not always in an ideal spot to shoot and typically on fences. I live in the suburbs so they're houses all around me.

HA!

Comment

sorry, meant to say shooting squirrel with pellet gun in the attic.

I had to do it one time.

Comment

I heard some noise in my attic one night—it sounded like two elephants moving heavy furniture. After a week or two of my husband telling me I was imagining things (this is one of two things he does that I really hate!), I finally called a local pest control company. They came out, inspected the house for points of entry, repaired the areas where squirrels had chewed through, and laid some traps in the attic.

Best $140 I ever spent.
                  We captured the interloper within 12 hours (he/she was active in the early evening). Turns out it wasn’t a squirrel but a ring-tail! The first and only time I’ve ever seen one up close. Mean little thing, too!

Comment

I caught two with a live trap and sunflower seeds. The first one tripped the trap before I got down the steps. They were coming in where the electrical wires entered the house.

Comment

Throw a couple of rattlesnakes up there! Presto! No more problem!!

Comment

Two of my neighbors had them in their attics and paid an exterminator a lot of money to trap exactly TWO squirrels. They asked if I wanted in on the action!!! I declined because I have a Gammo. So far I have shot 13 and they got rid of their exterminator. Saw two more in the court this morning so I have a little work to do.

Comment

160 coni bear set on a rafter will put a dent in them

Comment

They must be exterminated. You can do it or pay someone to do it. They can and usually will destroy things in the attic and will chew new openings if you block them off.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              Are all jack Russels so aggressive? We have shorty jack and man he is he'll on wheels. He tracks good so that helps to keep him out of trouble. I don't know how our Yorkie is still alive living with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X