Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston Beltway 8 toll bridge

Anyone catch this story…..

Major flaws in the design….. the entire structure is being torn down and they are starting over….$50 million to demo and $300 million added to the cost….
    Extending the build by another 3 years…..

How in the hell do you get this far into construction and someone say …. Oh my bad!!!!

The incompetence is astounding

What a joke - same company who had a bridge collapse in Miami killing 6

Comment

What a ridiculous waste of money. Why isn't FIGG being held responsible financially?

Comment

Ask the county Judge and Commissioner of the area.

Comment

Politics!

Comment

The kind of error could bankrupt some companies

Comment

You know if they could slide me 1m of that in cash I’d disappear. Surely they could do that for me. I mean it’s just paper with a little ink on it lol ��

Comment

This why biden need 6 trillion. Bernie tried to tell you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                  Politics!
                  X2 pretty sure a friend of a friend is not broke even if they redo the project. I mean someone has to tear it down.

Comment

Houston Beltway 8 toll bridge

SMH, embarrassing what this country’s become.
                    I bet my grandparents are doing flips in their coffins.
                    To sacrifice so much to hand it over to the mext generation to allow stuff like this to occur [emoji2357]
                    Someone (whoever signed off on this incompetence) should be forced to help demolition using a ball peen hammer the whole time the wrecking ball is in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by DaveC; 12-03-2021, 04:34 PM.

Comment

I had forgotten all about this I remember this bridge being built and that one of the engineering companies involved was also heavily involved in the Miami failure

amazing it took this long to decided to stop

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                        SMH, embarrassing what this country’s become.
                        I bet my grandparents are doing flips in their coffins.
                        To sacrifice so much to hand it over to the mext generation to allow stuff like this to occur [emoji2357]
                        Someone (whoever signed off on this incompetence) should be forced to help demolition using a ball peen hammer the whole time the wrecking ball is in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        If you been paying attention to the county judge and commissioner court you will also see they flipped flopped pct 4 and pct 3 which is crazy during redistricting never done in the history of Harris County. All because the republicans didn’t want to raise taxes on people during at pandemic.

Comment

It's really easy to understand, politics and politicians are the root of the problem. What surprises me is how so many are shocked by that or clueless to it.. Corruption in government has won and taken over.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                            If you been paying attention to the county judge and commissioner court you will also see they flipped flopped pct 4 and pct 3 which is crazy during redistricting never done in the history of Harris County. All because the republicans didn’t want to raise taxes on people during at pandemic.
                            Hate to tell you this, but the R's running the district are/were doing a crap job. They claimed they were managing the roads better than any other district. Well I live it their district, and I can assure you, the roads are terrible, the lights are not timed, and there needs to be 4 lanes with turn lanes left and right as opposed to the current two lane country road set up we have now.

This stuff should have been addressed 5 years ago. R's did nothing, and now most people just don't care. "why not give a democrat a shot, it can;t get any worse". Oh yeah it can, and will, but the R's that were in charge crapped the bed.

Comment

Working...
                            X