Winter weather is coming, get ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter weather is coming, get ready

I have lurked on a weather forum for a couple of years now to see what professional and amateur meteorologists have to say about our weather. Well, in January several posters were talking about a possible nasty cold spell coming up in a month. Typically winter weather is VERY hard to predict here in Texas, and they freely admit that, but all the models and signs stayed lined up for that storm.

Well, those same people and weather models are once again saying winter weather is on its way, and they have all been consistently stating this for a few weeks. They could be off by a few days, but the models are consistently showing colder than normal weather coming in late the first week to the second week in December. The long range models are showing another cold spell coming in sometime close to or around Christmas.

If you’ve been putting off doing any winterizing, now is the time to do it. Here is the thread where they have been talking about this………

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=121994

we have had many, many winter storms at Christmas and or New Years.

One Christmas, I went dove hunting in first week of Jan at -4°.
    Went to two New Years parties in consecutive years with sleet on the roads.
    It happens.

Comment

I'm predicting we'll hit 100 next July, August at the latest

Comment

Farmers Almanac says the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
          I'm predicting we'll hit 100 next July, August at the latest
          Ill also predict colder weather from dec-feb.

Comment

And boy were they spot on for hurricane season this year

Comment

And there's a 60% chance of rain

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

one of my Haggard favorites.................

If we make it through December
                Everythings gonna be all right I know
                It's the coldest time of winter
                And I shivver when I see the fallin snow

Comment

Thanks for posting. Weather unfortunately has been politicized like climate. Who knows what to beleive.

Just finished The Perfect Storm by Al Roker and this science is highly accurate and trustworthy, even 120 years ago. I know there are purist, non sinicles out there truly working the magic and getting a good read on what's to come.

Comment

Hope its right, i love a good cold winter. Im ready

Comment

Bring it on! I got plenty Chile and Cornbread!

Comment

Here in in SE Iowa it was 14 degrees yesterday morning and 65 this afternoon. We were shooting our bows this afternoon at our family Thanksgiving

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Forecast shows highs in the 70’s lows in mid to upper 50’s.

Comment

Thought I made it last year and lost a pipe in the attic last week. Have doubled the heat in the attic and eves where needed. Think I am ready to dance...

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                              I have lurked on a weather forum for a couple of years now to see what professional and amateur meteorologists have to say about our weather. Well, in January several posters were talking about a possible nasty cold spell coming up in a month. Typically winter weather is VERY hard to predict here in Texas, and they freely admit that, but all the models and signs stayed lined up for that storm.

Well, those same people and weather models are once again saying winter weather is on its way, and they have all been consistently stating this for a few weeks. They could be off by a few days, but the models are consistently showing colder than normal weather coming in late the first week to the second week in December. The long range models are showing another cold spell coming in sometime close to or around Christmas.

If you’ve been putting off doing any winterizing, now is the time to do it. Here is the thread where they have been talking about this………

http://www.storm2k.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=121994
                              Most of the posters on there are model huggers. Need to watch the trend vs far out fantasy models and see a consistent trend developing. Keep in mind we are into a full on la nina and are causing a lot of problems with modelistic forecasting. A few days before last weekend's rain/storm system the models were putting out 4-8" of widespread rain in northeast TX. It was a total bust. Beware of those guys on storm2k, many of them live in fantasyland and will go all in on only certain models instead of following a trend. Cold fronts are coming but it's a little soon to be crying polar vortex and mcfarland signature. Dont get sucked into the hype this far out

Comment

Working...
                              X