Leupold Range Finders Fading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold Range Finders Fading

Question....i have the leupold rx-1000i TBR range finders and all the sudden now I cant see the half the numbers due to fading. Come to find out this is becoming a common occurrence with these?? What are my options for warranty or repair or what the heck can I do with these.

Go to website. Fill out warranty claim. Ship it to them. Best warranty in the business.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Joe H View Post
      Go to website. Fill out warranty claim. Ship it to them. Best warranty in the business.
      Rangefinders (displays) are not the same as scope warranty.....

Give them a call/email & see what they say. Seems like its 1-3 years warranty, but MUST have original receipt?

All I can say is, I threw mine in the trash & bought a different brand.

Comment

Having the same issues with mine. Disappointing. Might need to switch to a Vortex for the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Call customer service with Leupold and discuss. They normally offer great service and repair work.

Comment

Originally posted by REDGUN View Post
            Rangefinders (displays) are not the same as scope warranty.....

Give them a call/email & see what they say. Seems like its 1-3 years warranty, but MUST have original receipt?

All I can say is, I threw mine in the trash & bought a different brand.

Yep, sent them mine and they said outta warranty outta luck. They did offer a 30% discount toward a new model. Decided I’ll do vortex on my next one since they don’t care how old it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Call and send it in to them. They’ll offer a good discount on a new one if nothing else.

Comment

They replaced mine a few years ago after it did the same thing. It had to have been 5+ years old by then.

Comment

I bought a Leupold rangefinder and discovered it was a yard off at 20, replaced it and the second one was two yards off at 20, so I got my money back and bought a Nikon. I know that’s no help but you might want to change brands, especially if they don’t make it good.

Comment

Funny you posted this. I have the exact model and mine started doing this this year. It's faded around the edges. The actual yardage shows up okay, but that's it. I probably should give them a call and see what they say.

Comment

Same thing happened to mine and also the reticle shifted from center. I called and they offered me pretty good discounts on several newer models since mine was discontinued. Waiting on the new one to ship now. Fyi like a lot of things now a days everything is taking awhile to ship. Maybe you can "limp" by with the one you have until you get the new one.

Comment

Same here, my display was red. If it was purchased w/n 2 years you have a shot at the warranty. Mine was outside of that range, they offered me others at a discount and I took advantage of it. I went with a black display for diversity and I read your that the red displays had more issues. The new one is working great, but I should have gone with the Vortex.

Comment

I sent my in and got a new one

Comment

So Leupold has extended a 40% off on their RX Fulldraw to RX 2800 however, you have to wait 4-6 months to get the new one. ****nn

Comment

It took me a total of 6 weeks! It all depends on which tech you get on the phone! I’m a total Leupold scope person all the way - that being said, with the Binoculars, rangefinders and electronic scopes I steer plumb clear! They do a lot of short term discontinuation’s !

Comment

Working...
                              X