X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shooting y'all!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      Shiloh and Caleb are two of the baddest a**ed shooters I know! Caleb shot a 244 on Sunday - that's 47-5's and 3-2's on 50 targets!

Bisch
      no thats, 48 5's and 2 2's
      the top 10 was untopable

oh and i got 2nd in composit....

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
        no thats, 48 5's and 2 2's
        the top 10 was untopable

oh and i got 2nd in composit....
        You are right! I miscounted! Even more awesome!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats to all of those who put up those awesome scores. I hope to make the shoot one of these years.

Is a 5 score in the kill zone and a 2 score on the outside of the kill zone but in the target?

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
            Congrats to all of those who put up those awesome scores. I hope to make the shoot one of these years.

Is a 5 score in the kill zone and a 2 score on the outside of the kill zone but in the target?
            Yep, anywhere in the scoring rings =5. If it is out it is a 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              Yep, anywhere in the scoring rings =5. If it is out it is a 2.
              but also remember, hoof's and horn's are a ZERO , and the ROCK on a rock critter is a ZERO,

Comment

Awesome setup as always on one of my all-time favorite ranges! Congrats to all the winners on some great shooting! I can't remember a year where folks who broke the "400" mark didn't make it into the top 20. Great seeing everyone and can't wait for next year to roll around to do it all over again!

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
                but also remember, hoof's and horn's are a ZERO , and the ROCK on a rock critter is a ZERO,
                ^^^Hoofs on bedded bucks land ya a big fat goose egg too! I gots one of em!

Comment

MM7 you were NOT the only one,
                  B.T.W. GREAT shooting, see you in a couple of weeks...

Comment

Just did a quick count. There was about 73 shooters registered in Open class. Of them 27 scored 400 points or better. That's 37% of the shooters. I remember when a 400 score would guarantee a buckle but it looks like on Sunday 7 guys went home without a buckle.

Either this year's shooters are getting more accurate or the targets are getting easier.

Comment

For the most part the targets were the same, I'd say this was probably the most shooter friendly course I've shot there but it wasn't easy. Salty shooting by those top 3 for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post
                        Just did a quick count. There was about 73 shooters registered in Open class. Of them 27 scored 400 points or better. That's 37% of the shooters. I remember when a 400 score would guarantee a buckle but it looks like on Sunday 7 guys went home without a buckle.

Either this year's shooters are getting more accurate or the targets are getting easier.
                        That is a far stretch from the days of 250 pre registered shooters and a waiting list.

Congrats to all the shooters

Comment

Think I heard there were close to 200 shooters this year.

Remember back in the day gas wasn't $3.50 either...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeG View Post

I think its a combination of both, but lean a little more towards the side of folks getting more accurate.

Comment

Ruby: I remember the days of 250 limit. You rushed to get your entry before the 250 cutoff.

SS91: I'm not convinced it's the gas. If there's something you want to go to bad enough you'll find a way to do it.

MM7: Seems like the scores have gone up since 3 under has been allowed, not that I'm opposed to 3 under. Just can't get my mind rapped around it after 60 years of split finger.

I shot the short round this year due to family obligations. The targets were set well, were interesting and in most cases were challenging. The usual good job done by the TSLC crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                                Bisch is done with the bear skinning!

The scoring for this shoot is 5-2-0. Anything in the normal 8ring is a 5. Anything outside the normal 8ring is a 2. A miss is a 0. Two day cumulative shoot. You have to be on your game for two straight days of 50 targets to place well.

It is an awesome format!

Bisch
                                If the bear's skinned what are doing screwing around over here - you got fans clambering for a bear hunting story. Get on it man.

Comment

Working...
                                X