1701 BBQ Beaumont, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1701 BBQ Beaumont, Tx

Fellas, if anyone is ever in the area I highly recommend! 1701 hadn't even been open a year and made the Texas Bucket list. I had the pleasure of taking their BBQ class today. This was the first class they have offered after being open for a little more than a year. I thought I knew bbq before, boy was I wrong!! These guys have perfected the art of bbq, I learned tips and tricks I will carry with me for years to come. Big shout out to Blue, Travis, Derek and the other fellas who play a part in daily operations. Swing by and grab yourself some smoked goodness, you won’t leave disappointed!
    Attached Files

Looks good!! I'd love a class to perfect my perfection!

Comment

I went to college with Blue (you’re my boy, Blue!). I could tell ya’ some stories for sure, but I won’t. LOL

I’ve heard a lot of good things about this place and need to try it.

Comment

I must live under a rock as I live 20 minutes from Beaumont and I have never heard of that place.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckhead78 View Post
          I must live under a rock as I live 20 minutes from Beaumont and I have never heard of that place.
          You should be on the evil Facebook on the southeast Texas restaurant review page.

They have been reviewed several times with mostly very positive remarks….

Comment

I've been seeing them a lot lately on social media. There bbq def looks good.

Comment

**** that looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                You should be on the evil Facebook on the southeast Texas restaurant review page.

They have been reviewed several times with mostly very positive remarks….
                TBH is the only social media I have... I may have to make a short drive then!

Comment

Wheres the brisket at

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                    Wheres the brisket at
                    Here’s a little taste, pun intended! I believe this was about 5-6 hrs into the cook
                    Attached Files

Comment

I haven't heard of them either.. but I don't do Facebook.. heck I haven't stopped in Beaumont in probably 10 years .

Comment

No offense to anyone but why would want to stop in Beaumont?? Daughter played softball there on serval occasions and it was always an adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
                          No offense to anyone but why would want to stop in Beaumont?? Daughter played softball there on serval occasions and it was always an adventure.
                          To eat…….

Comment

If I remember correctly they are a lunch only establishment. I “think” they open either at 10 AM or 11 AM and run till 2 PM or until they run out of food.

Comment

This is the last review I saw on it about 5 days ago….

I finally tried 1701 Barbecue today. Ohhhhh man I’ve been sleeping on this place. I’m originally from the Texas hill country and I’ve not found that type BBQ in SETX until now.
                              We tried the brisket, turkey, Jalepeno sausage, pork ribs and beef ribs. We also had the beans, potato salad and Mac and cheese.

Their BBQ sauce is literally drinkable it’s so good. The brisket and turkey were my favorite meats but honestly they were all amazing. Their Jalepeno relish potato salad was the best restaurant potato salad I’ve ever had.

I will make this place a weekly stop. They get ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ from me!!

Comment

Working...
                              X