Calling Cats in South Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
    is it better to put the speaker in the sendero on the ground on of the roof of the blind and the decoy on the ground?
    I put the speaker next to the decoy. I want all the sights and sounds somewhere other than where I'm sitting so the critter's attention is not on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
      Microchip shortage is going to kill us all. Supposed to have enough for 3,000 units this month but so far, nothing. Thanks for all your patience, I promise it's worth the wait.
      Adios,
      Gary
      I noticed in the video it looks like you keep your call in a bag and set the bag out. It this to disguise its shape?

Comment

The caller comes in a camo bag so there is no shine from the housing and makes it really easy to carry. Yes, you want to mate the sound from the caller with your decoy to keep the predator's attention away from the hunter.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

I’ll have to give the woodpecker call a try. I’ve just always used the rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
            Watch the bobcat episode I aired on CARNIVORE this last season. We did the whole episode on one bobcat they responded to the grown cottontail distress played on the ultrasonic caller. The cat stayed near the caller for over 14 minutes in broad daylight and in a pretty large opening. I do the voiceover, explaining what the cat is doing and what I am doing and why.
            Adios,
            Gary
            Yea that was great stuff..

Comment

I've always heard a decoy is a must for calling cats during the day. I can see where it would be helpful but personally I never use a decoy. That's just one more thing to carry. My buddy uses one on every stand and I called with him last weekend. I'm not used to a decoy and a few times I started to move my gun because I caught the movement from the decoy and thought something was coming. To me it's a distraction. I just hide the call and let whatever comes in try and guess where the sound is coming from. Plus I've seen coyotes lock up when they caught movement from the decoy more often than I've seen them come in and tackle it. So I lighten the load and leave the decoy at home.
              Last edited by okrattler; 01-14-2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

A friend of mine is real good at calling in cat's.He never has his call on very loud.Sometimes the wind changes direction,and you can't even hear it..Woodpecker,and fawn distress was all he used on the e caller.He uses a Sceery mouth call religiously.Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X