Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell in a hand basket

Comment

This isn’t so much workplace related but my daughter (8th grade) tested positive Saturday. Symptoms showed up Wednesday so she & my son had to quarantine through yesterday so they both missed school. My son doesn’t like to miss because he gets behind
      We get a notice from the school he can’t return to school today without a negative test
      I couldn’t get him anywhere yesterday to get tested. School has a testing center
      I had to be present (adult consent) so I had to drive opposite my work direction just to verify his DOB & be there a whole 3 minutes to swab & test. Luckily he was negative
      Then we get a notice that my daughter can’t return to athletics without another physical due to risk of Covid impact to heart & lungs
      I ain’t got time for all the tests & follow up evaluations besides what if she gets a physical today but effects show up a week, month later? Another physical?
      I hope I don’t get it, they may say bend over we need to give you a prostrate exam just in case

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        These free at home tests aren’t going to do squat for the unvaccinated folks because to meet the OSHA testing requirement the test can’t be self administered and self read. Employers are going to make employees go get these tests done somewhere you just watch. The idea is to inconvenience people into compliance.

Read 6.J of the link below

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/ets2/faqs
        Mine and my wife's work (2 different employers) already has in place that you would hop in a Zoom or Microsoft Teams meeting with a member of HR and they would watch you take the at home test. This will make them compliant.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          The "I will not be inconvenienced" movement.
          Dead Kennedys greatest album.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mMW3UA7g_0"]D̲ead K̲e̲nnedys - G̲ive M̲e C̲o̲n̲venience or G̲ive M̲e D̲eath (Full Album) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

My company is still treating covid as it was first state shut down.

The leaders are going around and telling people to put the mask up to cover your nose and stay a few feet back and etc. and before you walk into the company the security is asking questions if you’ve been exposed to covid or left town within 14 days.

It’s loud inside, any we are still pulling our masks down to talk to someone because it’s hard to hear anyone talk in a noisy environment.
            It’s getting really old…

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
              Mine and my wife's work (2 different employers) already has in place that you would hop in a Zoom or Microsoft Teams meeting with a member of HR and they would watch you take the at home test. This will make them compliant.
              That is what they are asking us to do as well.

Comment

Do people actually enjoy listening to that?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                  Do people actually enjoy listening to that?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

The punk scene was a large international music genre that spanned decades. So hell yes. [emoji2938]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                    Long story, but Yea I don’t have a choice.
                    Your story is no different than mine and many others and yea you do have a choice.. I need 3.5 years to reach full retirement.
                    Unless you are physically restrained and it is forced into your body then you do have a choice but not doubt it is a very difficult decision..
                    But they want you to believe that you have no choice.

Comment

Flashback to childhood with that one

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Your story is no different than mine and many others and yea you do have a choice.. I need 3.5 years to reach full retirement.
                        Unless you are physically restrained and it is forced into your body then you do have a choice but not doubt it is a very difficult decision..
                        But they want you to believe that you have no choice.
                        Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                          Flashback to childhood with that one

Same. Saw them live one time, in a small club. Once was enough LOL

Comment

On second thoughts Maybe some folks really do have no choice..

Comment

I was gonna type what you did about the no choice but held back...I would really have to hear it for myself, cuz it's gonna take a police state hold down or dart gun for me to take that poison.

Comment

It’s easy to stand on principle as long as you are comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X