Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-09-2022, 12:38 PM   #3751
Razorback01
Pope & Young

Hunt In: where my Elite takes me!

Georgia will win it. So sorry 18.
Razorback01 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 12:42 PM   #3752
Birddog66
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamu_bspeck View Post
That makes absolutely zero sense. By your standards a 0 win team, a 5 win team and a 10 win team all have the same worthless season if none of them win a title??? Some of yall just spew nonsense in hopes of making another teams fans feel some kind of inferiority. Any one of you that can stone faced say you aren't jealous of the program A&M is putting together, is a bold faced liar. I used to be jealous of what OU and TU had going on. I also don't believe either program is dead in the water, but, AS OF TODAY, I ain't trading our program for either. I'd trade our history but not current state of the program and it's not even really a hard decision.
Looky there, got one sight casting this morning. Lol.

I can honestly tell you I'm not the least bit jealous of aggy, but I'm not a jealous person.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Birddog66 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 12:53 PM   #3753
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
No sir. Fly by night CFB fans looking for moral victories brag about bowl games. It still feels good to get a dubya but I put zero stock in a bowl win and that includes our orange bowl win last year.
We've seen it on this thread for years.

Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 01:22 PM   #3754
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

GIG’EM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aggiehunter08 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 02:03 PM   #3755
18ncs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback01 View Post
Georgia will win it. So sorry 18.
Razorback! After sending you that softball avatar?! 19 will not be pleased
18ncs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 02:47 PM   #3756
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Callahan County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
Sounds good amigo I'm good with the even money....I figured as confident as you are I'd be getting better odds but I'll take it

Hoping for Georgia over Bama but don't think it will happen
I am confident that the pieces are there. I'm hopeful we can put em together. Id say you got good odds though, cause I'd get better odds for myself on Bovado.
tamu_bspeck is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 03:50 PM   #3757
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
I am confident that the pieces are there. I'm hopeful we can put em together. Id say you got good odds though, cause I'd get better odds for myself on Bovado.
You gotta at least have a quarterback before making such lofty claims.

Old 01-09-2022, 05:52 PM   #3758
RLB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comal County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
We’ll have three. Two 5*’s and a former SEC starter.
RLB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 06:36 PM   #3759
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:

I think RLB got it about covered. If we can't get a serviceable backup outta King, Weigman and Johnson (not to mention Stowers who just had surgery to repair his shoulder), then it isn't a personnel problem; It's a culture or coaching problem. 2022 is the first year I can say I'm not worried about an injury at any position. There's talented depth across the board. We will see what the coaches can do with it.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:05 PM   #3760
bklem
Ten Point

One of the all time greatest coaches in the state of Texas retired Friday from Mary Hardin Baylor. I first met Pete Fredenburg in 1980 as a senior at Comfort HS. I didn’t play for him at Baylor but after every game he and Corky Nelson (who also recruited me) would search me out and congratulate me and ask about my family. Old school coach who really cared about not only his players, but those he recruited and built a relationship with. Dude could coach some football. No telling how many lives he impacted.
bklem is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 07:11 PM   #3761
ByronB
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
GIG’EM

I am not even close to being good with that ranking. Reminds me of a time in 2021......ugh!!!! Maybe it is a Joe Klatt joke or something. As a so-called football expert......does he not realize that there are no QB’s in the College Station stable that are capable of leading them to an end of the year #4 ranking much less to start with. Not to mention they just lost a huge amount of talent on the defensive side. 2022 is a rebuilding year for the Aggies. That guy is a goof with those rankings.
ByronB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 07:18 PM   #3762
Toyota_Will
Nubbin' Buck

Bama FTW.
Toyota_Will is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 07:27 PM   #3763
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
I think RLB got it about covered. If we can't get a serviceable backup outta King, Weigman and Johnson (not to mention Stowers who just had surgery to repair his shoulder), then it isn't a personnel problem; It's a culture or coaching problem. 2022 is the first year I can say I'm not worried about an injury at any position. There's talented depth across the board. We will see what the coaches can do with it.
Y'all have no clue. Understandably.

Not the least bit surprising you team up with Grimes. The similarities are endless.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-09-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 07:28 PM   #3764
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronB View Post
I am not even close to being good with that ranking. Reminds me of a time in 2021......ugh!!!! Maybe it is a Joe Klatt joke or something. As a so-called football expert......does he not realize that there are no QB’s in the College Station stable that are capable of leading them to an end of the year #4 ranking much less to start with. Not to mention they just lost a huge amount of talent on the defensive side. 2022 is a rebuilding year for the Aggies. That guy is a goof with those rankings.
You, sir...have a clue. Doesn't mean it won't work out.

Old 01-09-2022, 08:14 PM   #3765
RLB
Pope & Young

Quote:

Not the least bit surprising you team up with Grimes. The similarities are endless.
Show us where the bad man hurt you?

Also, where are the pics of the buck?
Old 01-09-2022, 08:25 PM   #3766
ByronB
Pope & Young

I am excited about Aggie Football the next few years though. Hope they can keep the recruiting going in this same direction as well.
ByronB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 08:35 PM   #3767
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:

You continue to amaze me with some of the things you are willing to let past your filter. Most preseason rankings are derived from paper. On paper, A&M is a top 4 team talent wise going into next year. Maybe you aren't aware of that. I could provide copious amounts of proof that it is fact, but thats the peculiar thing with them horns; they don't want to hear the facts, so I won't waste my time.

It has always intrigued me how so much denial goes on down there on the 40, but I believe horn fans are just that; horn fans. Not fans of cfb in general but more than anything just wrapped up in a little bubble, absorbing homer propaganda. Then they claim that everyone else "just doesn't get it". It used to be frustrating. Now it's just comical relief. We will see how it shakes out going forward.
Old 01-09-2022, 08:38 PM   #3768
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronB View Post
I don't guess I understand how u think Johnson isn't good enough to lead A&M to a #4 ranking? Forget Weigman, even though Bryce just led Bama to a title game. Just curious what about Johnsons stats makes u believe he isn't capable?
Old 01-09-2022, 08:43 PM   #3769
bigbad243
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fredericksburg and Boerne Texas

Quote:
You continue to amaze me with some of the things you are willing to let past your filter. Most preseason rankings are derived from paper. On paper, A&M is a top 4 team talent wise going into next year. Maybe you aren't aware of that. I could provide copious amounts of proof that it is fact, but thats the peculiar thing with them horns; they don't want to hear the facts, so I won't waste my time.

It has always intrigued me how so much denial goes on down there on the 40, but I believe horn fans are just that; horn fans. Not fans of cfb in general but more than anything just wrapped up in a little bubble, absorbing homer propaganda. Then they claim that everyone else "just doesn't get it". It used to be frustrating. Now it's just comical relief. We will see how it shakes out going forward.
Someone please explain to him what a “fact” is please!
bigbad243 is online now   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 09:04 PM   #3770
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin Co

Quote:

Paper tigers dont mean chit unless you are Bama
.243 WSSM is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #3771
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Quote:
I don't guess I understand how u think Johnson isn't good enough to lead A&M to a #4 ranking? Forget Weigman, even though Bryce just led Bama to a title game. Just curious what about Johnsons stats makes u believe he isn't capable?
You must not have watched much LSU ball with Johnson playing. He is awful and every tiger I talked to couldn't wait to see him go. Good luck
Old 01-09-2022, 09:07 PM   #3772
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbad243 View Post

Someone please explain to him what a “fact” is please!
Facts are numbers/data. Funny thing is when evaluating team talent, they actually have numbers and data for you to use. It's not hard to prove that A&M has top 4 talent if you use them.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:10 PM   #3773
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by .243 WSSM View Post
Paper tigers dont mean chit unless you are Bama
100% agree. I'm saying that paper is where they come up with preseason rankings generally which is why they generally don't work out very well. Doesn't change the fact that there will be folks complaining every year about them even though we know it's just a list of teams with talented rosters.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:15 PM   #3774
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

Thread…..won’t…..load….

Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 09:15 PM   #3775
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:
You must not have watched much LSU ball with Johnson playing. He is awful and every tiger I talked to couldn't wait to see him go. Good luck
He was one of the most pressured QBs in all of CFB behind a bunch of 2nd stringers, essentially and put up these numbers:

CMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/G TD INT RATE
225 373 60.3 2815 234.6 27 6 144.4

Doesn't surprise me that they don't appreciate those numbers. They fired their head coach 2 years after a NC.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:22 PM   #3776
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Quote:
He was one of the most pressured QBs in all of CFB behind a bunch of 2nd stringers, essentially and put up these numbers:

CMP ATT PCT YDS YDS/G TD INT RATE
225 373 60.3 2815 234.6 27 6 144.4

Doesn't surprise me that they don't appreciate those numbers. They fired their head coach 2 years after a NC.
Time will tell. With the right coaching and new program maybe he can blossom. I just saw a lot of bad decisions by him regardless of him being under pressure or not
Old 01-09-2022, 09:33 PM   #3777
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:
Time will tell. With the right coaching and new program maybe he can blossom. I just saw a lot of bad decisions by him regardless of him being under pressure or not
I was actually surprised seeing his numbers. Didn't figure they'd be that good. He's got experience and while he may not will us to victory, we have a stable of backs that's as deep and talented as any team in the country. He shouldn't have to carry us. We will see but I also believe Weigman is as talented as Bryce was coming out. It'll be a good battle between the 3
Old 01-09-2022, 09:38 PM   #3778
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

On paper Texas is top 10 every year. Aggy was this season.

We have been hearing the same crap from your Aggy bretherin for years. Just because you showed back up doesn't change anything bro.

You continuously describe TBH Aggy and say it's Texas fans. Until you win a national championship stfu. Wait, first win even a SEC west title. You're still 3-6 in your beloved conference. You lost to both Mississippi schools who got clowned by Baylor and Tech.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-09-2022 at 09:47 PM.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:45 PM   #3779
RLB
Pope & Young

Quote:

We have been hearing the same crap from your Aggy bretherin for years. Just because you showed back up doesn't change anything bro.

You continuously describe TBH Aggy and say it's Texas fans. Until you win a national championship stfu. Wait, first win even a SEC west title much less the SEC championship.
Your team hasn’t won a NC in 16 years, when does the clock start or stop? Your team has also not won a conference title in the, LOL, Big12 since 2009. So does stfu count for sips too, or is just teams you’re intimated by?
Old 01-09-2022, 09:45 PM   #3780
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The World

Quote:
I was actually surprised seeing his numbers. Didn't figure they'd be that good. He's got experience and while he may not will us to victory, we have a stable of backs that's as deep and talented as any team in the country. He shouldn't have to carry us. We will see but I also believe Weigman is as talented as Bryce was coming out. It'll be a good battle between the 3
I hope Weigman turns out to be the man

On another note I think Bama wins another unless the Georgia offense plays flawless behind Bennett.
Aggiehunter08 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 10:04 PM   #3781
PYBUCK
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Upton County

Quote:
Facts are numbers/data. Funny thing is when evaluating team talent, they actually have numbers and data for you to use. It's not hard to prove that A&M has top 4 talent if you use them.
Those numbers and data you base your arguments on are only opinions from people paid to sell information. Maybe they are right, maybe not. One fact remains constant for the last several years, there has been at least 1 team ranked in the preseason top 10 finish out of the top 25 at years end and these preseason rankings are from those same paid experts
PYBUCK is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 10:07 PM   #3782
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post
Your team hasn’t won a NC in 16 years, when does the clock start or stop? Your team has also not won a conference title in the, LOL, Big12 since 2009. So does stfu count for sips too, or is just teams you’re intimated by?
I haven't said my team was ****** or going to win it all next year. Lol.

But my team has...

Old 01-09-2022, 10:33 PM   #3783
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:

You continuously describe TBH Aggy and say it's Texas fans. Until you win a national championship stfu. Wait, first win even a SEC west title. You're still 3-6 in your beloved conference. You lost to both Mississippi schools who got clowned by Baylor and Tech.

Lmfao at Texas being top 10 talent on paper every year outside of skill position players. Texas has had zero depth, especially on the LOS. You even thinking out loud that A&M and TUs current rosters are comprable tells me I am wasting my time responding to you.

I also can't speak for other Aggies on here but everything I said was happening when I was here years ago, has actually transpired. I haven't even hinted at a title run until this year and even said if it's in the cards, it's likely 2 to 3 years out.

Either way, the back and forth doesn't change anyone's opinion and that's great because we are all entitled to have one. If you get the itch to throw some money around to back yours up, I'm always game.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:34 PM   #3784
DaBears
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
GIG’EM

Well, he did get 3 out of 10 correct this time last year, so there's that.

Of course, everyone would have picked those same 3 to be in the top 10.

With his rate of success in early picks, not sure I'd want my team's name on that list if it wasn't 'Bama, Georgia or Ohio State. But, I suppose it doesn't hurt to dream.

It's funny to hear the early crowing and later see the actual results if nothing else.

Same thing every year. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. In the mean time, dream on.
DaBears is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 10:39 PM   #3785
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:

I also can't speak for other Aggies on here but everything I said was happening when I was here years ago, has actually transpired. I haven't even hinted at a title run until this year and even said if it's in the cards, it's likely 2 to 3 years out.

We’ve been reading that here for 19 years that I know of…

Old 01-09-2022, 10:50 PM   #3786
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYBUCK View Post
Those numbers and data you base your arguments on are only opinions from people paid to sell information. Maybe they are right, maybe not. One fact remains constant for the last several years, there has been at least 1 team ranked in the preseason top 10 finish out of the top 25 at years end and these preseason rankings are from those same paid experts
It's a composite average of many expert opinions. Those same rankings hold plenty of credence when looking at what teams have won titles. And for the record, I'm not using a preseason ranking to get excited about. A&Ms starting lineup on off/def averages north of .9510 in the 247 recruiting composite with an average overall ranking of 130. Their contributor average (into their 3 deep) averages at .9344 and 160 overall ranking. Therefore our average player in the 3 deep would be TUs 10th highest rated recruit this year.

We currently have 21 HS All Americans coming in next year with it very possible we add 2 more. That's an entire class, in most years, of All Americans. Those are facts but ill agree that recruiting is only 1 part of the equation. However, saying it's like it used to be is ignorant at best. This class is the highest ever recorded so it's literally never happened before, for A&M, Bama or anyone else. It's a little easier to do a job when you have the right tools. Again, we will see how it plays out and either you or I can say I told you so down the road. It'll be fun
Old 01-09-2022, 10:52 PM   #3787
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
We’ve been reading that here for 19 years that I know of…

Not from me but we won't get started talking about what we have heard from TU fans.
Old 01-09-2022, 10:58 PM   #3788
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not from me but we won't get started talking about what we have heard from TU fans.

There of course, is one VERY LARGE difference…

Old 01-09-2022, 11:06 PM   #3789
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:
There of course, is one VERY LARGE difference…

Some ppl like to live in the past to reduce the sting of home loss to KU and another sub .500 season. The past is a very comfortable place for some folks. How's that future looking though?
Old 01-09-2022, 11:09 PM   #3790
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:

Kinda funny that you're using bowl games as metrics again. Tell me you don't know anything about CFB without telling me you don't know anything about CFB.
Old 01-09-2022, 11:19 PM   #3791
AggieRod
Ten Point

Hunt In: Starr/Hidalgo Co.

Quote:
I haven't said my team was ****** or going to win it all next year. Lol.

But my team has...

No you don’t say anything about your crappie team, but you only bash others who talk about their team. Why is that? Say something good about 5-7. LOL
AggieRod is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-09-2022, 11:28 PM   #3792
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Some ppl like to live in the past to reduce the sting of home loss to KU and another sub .500 season. The past is a very comfortable place for some folks. How's that future looking though?

I can see why you would feel that way. You just don’t understand…you can’t.

I’ve no delusions about where Texas is, and has been. Doesn’t change the fact that NO ONE wants to hear opinions from petulant aggys about how much their titles matter. Especially when we all know that we’ll eventually have to hear some other bull**** from you guys about “tradition” blah blah, “history” blah blah….

I’m not accusing you of these things, just 99% of that fan base.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:56 AM   #3793
tamu_bspeck
Ten Point

Quote:
I can see why you would feel that way. You just don’t understand…you can’t.

I’ve no delusions about where Texas is, and has been. Doesn’t change the fact that NO ONE wants to hear opinions from petulant aggys about how much their titles matter. Especially when we all know that we’ll eventually have to hear some other bull**** from you guys about “tradition” blah blah, “history” blah blah….

I’m not accusing you of these things, just 99% of that fan base.

Best way I can explain the discord here is that exactly how you feel; Aggies feel the exact opposite (or atleast I do). I wouldn't argue against the fact that our past is a whole lot of failure with short spans of optimism. Still, Aggies haven't seen what we are are experiencing now, ever. It's worth being excited about and no amount of "same ol, same ol" will change that bc its not. May end up with same results but it's definitely not the same tools in the toolbox. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out
Old 01-10-2022, 05:13 AM   #3794
Razorback01
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18ncs View Post
Razorback! After sending you that softball avatar?! 19 will not be pleased
I didn’t say I want Ga to win, but I believe difficult to win b-b games with equally matched teams. Go Elephants (can’t believe I said that).
Old 01-10-2022, 06:08 AM   #3795
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

If you took away the Whorn vs TAMmy vs Whorn bickering posts on this thread it would probably be two pages long at best.
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2022, 06:20 AM   #3796
Razorback01
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
If you took away the Whorn vs TAMmy vs Whorn bickering posts on this thread it would probably be two pages long at best.
Then it wouldn’t be as humorous.
Old 01-10-2022, 07:22 AM   #3797
RLB
Pope & Young

Quote:
But my team has...
So has mine.

Again, what is the cutoff for saying you’ve won one?
Old 01-10-2022, 07:25 AM   #3798
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Kinda funny that you're using bowl games as metrics again. Tell me you don't know anything about CFB without telling me you don't know anything about CFB.
What is the title of this thread?

It isn't what is your teams expectations for next year.

Old 01-10-2022, 07:37 AM   #3799
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Just outside the top 10. Not a big difference in 8 and 11. The problem at Texas hasn't been talent. Last season they were 5. The current class is 5 which will move them back in the top 10. No excuses. Win.

Old 01-10-2022, 08:02 AM   #3800
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
I wouldnt say he was awful. He was under duress on every snap. He will win the job at aTm. Probably be successful. He got sacked a lot, but didnt throw interceptions. Almost 30tds with a depleted wr corp. Not what I would call “awful”
lovemylegacy is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread