No announcement yet.

Ford sync issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a few issues, but nothing major. Seems like every once in a while it won't link to my phone. I have Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Cadillac, and it seems to me that they all have issues from time to time.

Comment

Mine always worked great. In fact, the only issue I had, I swapped to a new head unit which used the factory SYNC, and now I have issues keeping it connected wirelessly. It's pretty minor, so I don't sweat it.

When a company averages selling 100 trucks an hour, if even .5% of the trucks have a flaw, that's 4 every day. I wouldn't sweat it, just find a better dealer. Mac Haik kind of sucks from my experience, unless you get a good service advisor that won't jerk you around.

Comment

Its about a 50/50 shot to work long term, but disconnect your battery and make contact between the cables. A long screwdriver works best. Give it a 5 count, reconnect cables and cross your fingers.

Comment

My 2013 was having issues with not connecting to Bluetooth a month or two again. It seems to have solved itself when I upgraded phones. Now I'm getting all these crazy alerts that pop up and the engine dies. Going to get a new battery today and see if that helps. Also going to buy a scanner to figure out if I have a pcm issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            Has anyone experienced issues with their Ford sync lagging and disconnecting often from your phone? I have a 2018 f250 and just recently it has started disconnecting from my phone and acting weird. If you have, is there a fix aside from replacing it?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
            I had the same thing happen to my 2018 F250… it got so bad I only was using Apple play for some time. Finally took it into the dealership they replaced it under the 100k warranty. Something about the bluetooth module went bad. I could check paperwork if you want to know the exact name of repair

Comment

Apple or Android?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                My 2021 F250 radio, touch screen, navigation and car play have all had issues since I bought the truck. I’ve been back and forth with The dealership so much that I’m done with it. I’m about to trade it in and get another Ram. Ford has always been notorious for putting out trucks with issues they know about and doing nothing to fix it. They’ve done update after update and 4 modules. I’ve demanded a new radio for 4 months and they keep putting me off. Not returning calls and leaving me hanging for weeks at a time. Note to everyone. Do not go to Mack Heik Ford in DeSoto Tx. Their customer service is horrible. Sales people lie. They are terrible. I’m waiting for an answer this week from them and if I don’t get the answer I’m wanting then I’m going to reach out ford directly. After that I’ll be driving a new Ram 3500 4x4 dually Night edition with the HO Cummins and Aiasin transmission.

You’ll be happier in the RAM anyway. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JB_Archery View Post
                  I had the same thing happen to my 2018 F250… it got so bad I only was using Apple play for some time. Finally took it into the dealership they replaced it under the 100k warranty. Something about the bluetooth module went bad. I could check paperwork if you want to know the exact name of repair
                  I may take you up on that. I am going to try to disconnect the batteries and see if that works. Unfortunately I drive a lot and it's not under warranty at 130k

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    Apple or Android?
                    Android. But it's not the phone. At times I try to turn the volume up or down and the normal circle and number that come up on the screen don't even show up. All the buttons on the screen lag way behind too.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
                      Its about a 50/50 shot to work long term, but disconnect your battery and make contact between the cables. A long screwdriver works best. Give it a 5 count, reconnect cables and cross your fingers.
                      ^^
                      Be very careful doing this if you have navigation. I changed the battery on my 2017 without using a backup power source and my radio stopped responding to the touch screen. Talked to ford and they said there is a theft mode that the radio will go into because it doesn’t know if it just lost power or if it has been stolen. They told me I would have to bring it in for reprogramming of the radio code. The radio still worked with the preset controls on the dash and the steering wheel controls but the touch screen is unresponsive.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                        I got a message from the app today when I went to start my truck from inside the house. They are having issues and working on getting it fixed. My alarm went off twice last night for no reason. Not sure if it is related.
                        LOL! Mine did the same thing yesterday afternoon. Worked fine this morning.

Comment

i have a 2014 f150 with a lot of electrical issues.

about 2 months ago i stopped being able to connect a phone to it. the steering wheel radio controls are all over the place, changing the volume when i try to change the station and vice versa. the passenger side front door locks randomly stop working. a couple months ago the left rear door started showing open on my display every once in a while...

nothing major, mostly just annoying little things.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                            ^^
                            Be very careful doing this if you have navigation. I changed the battery on my 2017 without using a backup power source and my radio stopped responding to the touch screen. Talked to ford and they said there is a theft mode that the radio will go into because it doesn’t know if it just lost power or if it has been stolen. They told me I would have to bring it in for reprogramming of the radio code. The radio still worked with the preset controls on the dash and the steering wheel controls but the touch screen is unresponsive.
                            I just changed both batteries on my 2019 F350 last Thursday. Both were removed @ the same time and the truck was without electrical power for a couple of hours, everything worked as it should after the new batteries were installed. What concerns me, is that both original batteries checked out as bad and the truck is <3yo and 60K miles.

Comment

Yeah, you should be able to change batteries yourself without having to worry about taking it in for reprogramming. All I know is my radio and touch screen worked fine. I stopped at the auto parts to get a new battery. I changed the battery in the parking lot and the touch screen hasn’t worked since. When I called ford theft mode was the story they gave me. When I looked it up it said you should use a backup power source when changing batteries.

Comment

Starting about 6 months ago the guy I work for has had this issue wtih his 2014 F150 and his 2018 Suburban. It works for a couple minutes in a phone call and then drops off. Happens to him and his wife, they both have Iphones. Previously they had no issues for years which leads me to believe that the car manufacturers cannot keep up with the updates/new phone models from the phone manufacturers.

Comment

Working...
                                X