Removing squirrels from attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
    Had same problem. Shot it in the attic, immediately fixed the entrance hole with hardiboard. Thought concrete board would prevent them in future, wrong.

Shot 32 more in backyard red oak and pecan trees. Couldnt believe how many kept coming around. After new neighbors moved in they frequented the back yard far more and stopped my pellet adventures. So i switched to trapping, trapped several in duke 110 trap, hung on the side of tree with 2 screws, baited with peanut butter. Snared one on top of fence with 60lb fishing braid, used hanger wire to keep it positioned right.

No more attic dwellers but they still kept coming.
    I have thought about this snare idea too but wouldnt know how to set it up properly.

I feel like an all out war is happening with me and these dÁmn tree rats. I just put up another dukes squirrel trap up in the attic.

Comment

They can really tear up some attic stuff. Had some before and caught them in traps. Took them miles from home, they will come back if you let them go close. Exterminators have to kill them I believe. I painted the backs of them so I could tell if it was the same ones, if they came back they were going to the train station for sure. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
        Get Harris glue boards I’ve had to order em. I think that’s what they’re called. If I remember Home Depot has em online. They’re bigger in size. A dab of peanut butter and you will catch em. Put he peanut butter on the board and they will get stuck. Check the traps every few days. Till they’re gone. This does work.
        My need to try this one out, thanks.

Comment

I have the same thing going on and no luck with live trap so I put two large glue traps up there yesterday

Comment

I have a live trap set in the back yard. To date I have relocated 120 squirrels. Where you ask? To Squirrel H3LL

Comment

Evictor Strobe Light? Plug n play. Constant strobe makes it unbearable for them to live and they move on. Rather than dealing with dead, rotting squirrels in your attic (poison).

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03esqBhGFIc"]The EVICTOR - Does This Strobe Light Scare Away Rodents In Your Attic? Mousetrap Monday. - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Catch it in a coat and smack it with a hammer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                  Are all jack Russels so aggressive? We have shorty jack and man he is he'll on wheels. He tracks good so that helps to keep him out of trouble. I don't know how our Yorkie is still alive living with him.
                  Now days the fad is Jack R and they great..But remember back there was a RAT TERRIER...They death on rats too as the name says...But either one loose in attic would cause problems unless ya got a floored attic

SQ are in general Like us sleep during nite and Eat and gather food by day...They do Siesta at times during day...So choot them in day time with that Pellet..Put a pile of corn and sunflower in a safe shot area and practice up for that Big BUCK... after a few kills you will get the problem ones then seal entrance..

Comment

Working...
                  X