Tracking dog deep ETX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking dog deep ETX

My nephew may need one. Anyone go to the Brookeland/Scrappin’ valley area?

Closer to Brookeland in northeast Jasper county.

Thanks

I am not sure if he goes that far but Dustin Machado would be the first call.

Dustin Machado
    713-412-0950

Comment

I 2nd Dustin. Not sure if he’s that far East though.

Comment

A buddy brought up a good question. Is it legal to track a deer with a dog in Jasper County. I looked at the TPWD website and can’t find it

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
          A buddy brought up a good question. Is it legal to track a deer with a dog in Jasper County. I looked at the TPWD website and can’t find it

It’s legal now. The County regulations use to say ALL DOGS PROHIBITED. It no longer does.

The trackers know the leash laws and rules. Good luck.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 11-24-2021, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post

Yes, it is legal now. In Jasper, Newton, Sabine & San Augustine counties the dog has to be on a leash at all times though....Below is from the TPWD Website Regulations section

No person may possess a shotgun and buckshot or slugs while in the field with dogs on another person’s land during an open deer season in Angelina, Hardin, Jasper, Nacogdoches, Newton, Orange, Sabine, San Augustine, Shelby, and Tyler counties.
            No more than two dogs may be used to trail a wounded deer in all counties; however, in Jasper, Newton, Sabine, and San Augustine counties, a person may trail a wounded deer with no more than two leashed dogs held by the person in control of the dogs. A “wounded deer” is a deer leaving a blood trail.
            Last edited by Uncle_Milty; 11-24-2021, 09:17 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

In for results.

Comment

Thanks for the info. We’re on our hands and knees following tracks. Not much blood

Comment

I'm of no help but hope y'all find it. Was is shot on scrapping valley?

Comment

Connor Crockett
                    903 646 0570
                    He was down around San Augustine trailing one Sunday so he might be an option.

Comment

I would definitely try calling Dustin.

Comment

Not sure if Dustin does leash trailing. Dutch is just a little head strong for that.

Comment

Sorry leave y’all hanging. I ended finding 4 drops of blood with some white hair. Followed her tracks for around 250 yards and lost the track. Took me about two hours to get that far. Went back to the house for a samich. Then checked the zero on my nephew’s scope and it was low. I think he just grazed that deer.

Elf Eyes, the deer was shot between Brookeland and Scrappin’ Valley, just south of the Moore Plantation on private ground.

Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Were you off of Forest rd 117?

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                              Were you off of Forest rd 117?
                              No, not exactly sure where 117 is.

Comment

Working...
                              X