French Bulldog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Bulldog

Anyone on the GS a breeder or know of a good one that doesn’t want my first born in trade? Some folks are pretty proud of their Frenchies.

One of my daughters has a male. They are good pets and good with kids. Yes they are pricey no doubt, but they sure are high maintenance from what I have seen from the sidelines. Not only $ but time consuming also.

Comment

Stay away from those on Facebook marketplace or those selling in pet stores.

Look for a breeder that shows them and breeds for health.

Stay away from the non-standard colors (i.e. blue, grey, etc).

You are going to have a hard time finding a good one this close to Christmas. Find some good breeders and get on their waitlist.

Our Frenchi came from Bandog French Bulldogs in Louisiana.

We have had a couple English and French Bulldogs. They are awesome family pets. Also, just so you know, any reputable breeder will make you sign a spay/neuter contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
        Stay away from those on Facebook marketplace or those selling in pet stores.

Look for a breeder that shows them and breeds for health.

Stay away from the non-standard colors (i.e. blue, grey, etc).

You are going to have a hard time finding a good one this close to Christmas. Find some good breeders and get on their waitlist.

Our Frenchi came from Bandog French Bulldogs in Louisiana.

We have had a couple English and French Bulldogs. They are awesome family pets. Also, just so you know, any reputable breeder will make you sign a spay/neuter contract.

Thank you for the response. I’m assuming you like Bandog? Nothing surprising based on what you said. I’m familiar with buying dogs from high quality breeders. I tend to stay away from rescues and definitely the backyard breeders. It’s just not my M.O.
        You mentioned staying away from non standard colors. What are the standard colors and why stay away from non-standard? I’m very familiar with lab breeders and how the Silver Lab fits into that community. Is it similar to that scenario or is it a health and temperament concern from the potential of overbreeding?
        Finding a reputable breeder is my main concern with cost being a close second. I’m seeing these puppies go for, up to, $9,000, and I’m sure higher of I keep searching. I don’t mind paying good money for a dog, but $9,000, or even close, is out of my budget.

Comment

I got mine from a breeder in college station about 7 years ago. best dog ive ever had and fearless to a fault. he's been sprayed twice by a skunk and got hit by a porcupine ones and wouldn't back down. he's even faced down the bull out here a few times.

Comment

Shoot Bullydog a pm. He's good as gold!

Comment

We bought ours last August from lady in Ok and this is her website.

Not sure what they are selling for now but I did not pay 9k hell no.

Comment

just do your homework as you get what you pay for. Frenchies are expensive for many reasons as color, eyes, breeder, genetics (sire & dam) all affect price. My friend has several and he paid $4,000 ~ $6,000 from a breeder in WA state.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Shoot Bullydog a pm. He's good as gold!
                  Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    just do your homework as you get what you pay for. Frenchies are expensive for many reasons as color, eyes, breeder, genetics (sire & dam) all affect price. My friend has several and he paid $4,000 ~ $6,000 from a breeder in WA state.
                    $4k, MIGHT be at the top of my range, if I do this. Still though.

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                      $4k, MIGHT be at the top of my range, if I do this. Still though.
                      My friends dogs lived 8-9 years and one had some breathing/respiratory issues. Had to be put on a special food diet that cost $150 a month. Great dogs that sometimes require high financial maintenance.

Comment

Couldn't give em away 15 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy sells them for 6-9k but he specializes in unique colors.

Comment

I got a deal on one from a lady in Belton, TX. He was fawn in color and no one wanted him. I made an offer and she accepted. WE have .

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
                              Anyone on the GS a breeder or know of a good one that doesn’t want my first born in trade? Some folks are pretty proud of their Frenchies.

50 shades of Frenchie on Facebook. She’s friends with my wife and local to us. We have a dog from her and he goes everywhere with me. Best dog I’ve ever owned. I’m not sure what her prices are now we bought ours 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X