Factory bear leather grip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory bear leather grip

I bought a like new Bear Montana a few months ago. It did not have the leather grip installed.

I emailed bear and they were nice enough to send me one.

Has anyone ever installed one of these? It has some overlap. It's an adhesive backed leather square.

You guys with leather grips is the seam where it comes together usually on the front of the grip (facing target) or inside of bow (towards the shooter)? Any other tips or tricks to get it tight and make sure it doesn't come off anytime soon? Thanks
    Last edited by Chew; 10-28-2021, 09:48 AM.

Mine are in the front of the grip where my fingertips rest. Mine are beaver tail but are stuck on with adhesive as well as stitched together. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211028-114536_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	24666260

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Take the time to watch this video! All the info you need

Comment

That's a darn good vodeo...but My grip isnt a glue/sew on beavertail. Just a thin piece of leather with an adhesive back.

I'll figure it out. Might have to trim it to make it fit good

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          That's a darn good vodeo...but My grip isnt a glue/sew on beavertail. Just a thin piece of leather with an adhesive back.

I'll figure it out. Might have to trim it to make it fit good
          In that case, I’d start at the Palm, center it up and press it into the palm and throat really good and slowly work your way around the non shelf side first, and then work it around the shelf side. Trim it after you get it in place with a sharp razor blade. that way if your off a little it won’t be as big a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
            In that case, I’d start at the Palm, center it up and press it into the palm and throat really good and slowly work your way around the non shelf side first, and then work it around the shelf side. Trim it after you get it in place with a sharp razor blade. that way if your off a little it won’t be as big a deal.
            Sounds like a plan. Hoping to get to it this evening

Comment

Working...
            X