Kids Bow Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids Bow Recommendation

Our oldest will be turning 7 soon and is really wanting to get a bow (w/ pointy arrows) like dad. I am looking for a compound style bow that can be adjusted on draw length and weight fairly easily. Trying not spend a fortune Incase this isn’t truly a passion for him although I am selfishly hoping it is.
    If you have a used one they are looking to sell I am open to that too.

Check out Mission by Mathews. My son shoots one and loves it. The draw length and weight are very easily adjustable.

Comment

Yep, if the mission hammr is not too big, it can adjust to fit him for years. It is pretty much the same bow as the mission craze, and I see the craze bows for sale at a good price pretty often. Good luck

Comment

I recommend the Diamond Atomic. Great starter bow and easy to adjust.

Comment

Started my daughter with a diamond atomic and they are great little bows and very light, my son is a lefty so I had to go a different route so he is shooting a bear cruzer lite its a little heavier but he will probably be able to shoot it until he's in his early teens.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

My 13 yr old daughter has been shooting the Mission Craze by Matthews, and it's been awesome. She has been shooting it for 3 yrs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went thru this with my 2 boys. If I had to do it all over again. Genisis.

Genesis Archery's Original Genesis Bow is the perfect choice for beginners, as proven by its dedication as the official bow of the National Archery in the Schools Program. The bow fits anyone with a draw length of 15-30 inches, who can pull 10-20 pounds. Other than possibly having the change the draw weight, no adjustm

Comment

My research says Mission or Bear for kids bows. I got the Mission Radik with the kit for my 8 year old this past year. It very light short ATA and lots of adjustment range. That or the Hammer would be a good choice.

My other son got a Bear Cruzer G2 a couple of years ago. Longer and heavier

Comment

I need to look into the Mission bows which I had not considered to this point. The Radik and Hammer see very similar in specs but the Hammer had much more flexibility to go up on poundage. Am I missing something there that would make the Radik batter option for a youngster?

Comment

Check out the Bear Cruzer. It will grow with them and they shoot well. All adjustments can be made with no press. Started my son with one and was shocked how well it shoots.

Comment

Do the younger kids have difficulty with 32” ATA instead of the 28”? Our soon to be 7 year old is 55 lbs and 45 inches tall. I feel like it is a fine line to go the be able to grow route vs. fits great right now.

Comment

I just got a Bear Royale for my six year old. It’s been great thus far. Really easy to adjust draw length. Comes with sight, quiver, WB rest.

The Bear Royale is a lightweight compound bow that is perfect for beginners or any youth archer. The draw weight starts at 5 lbs. and can be adjusted up to a serious 50 lbs. The draw weight can be adjusted from 12” to 27”. Both draw length and weight adjustments can be made using an Allen wrench, without a bow press.

Comment

dont see a vote for the diamond infinite edge great bow!! quite and grows with them

Comment

I have several kids shooting bows.
                            Diamond Nuclear (the pink camo and green camo version)
                            Diamond Atomic
                            Bear apprentice 3

They all work well and the kids like shooting them. The bear is the easiest to tune and it has the most “growth” space.

The diamonds are hard to tune but do take a bit to get set up right. I have to look up the specs every time since it’s different than most bows.

The kids like shooting them. The biggest gain in shooting ability and confidence is when I add a D-loop and they start using a release. Then they really start “dinging” the targets.

It’s hard to compare since their shooters are at different ages, none stand out as worse than any other but the Bear apprentice 3 does seem like a better “more real” bow. When turned up to 45-50 Draw weight I could see how someone would be able to hunt with it. I got that one for my oldest and she can use it until she wants to buy her own bow. The others are too young and it’s too heavy to hold at arms length, so they have smaller lighter bows.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                              Check out the Bear Cruzer. It will grow with them and they shoot well. All adjustments can be made with no press. Started my son with one and was shocked how well it shoots.

This ^ I bought one for my starter to learn with, inexpensive. My mentor was an avid hunter in NC who said it'll kill most anything in Texas, he was right.
                              Dry fired it twice when trying to practice while distracted by work (a non no) ignorance. I like it because I drag it around through the woods and don't have to worry about a 1000 bow however I will eventually get a Matthews or Hoyt, or something signed by Uncle Ted

Comment

Working...
                              X