Got an early Christmas present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an early Christmas present

Tetherd Phantom starter saddle kit. Still need a platform but I hung an old tree stand as a makeshift platform in my pecan tree and played around with it the other day. I think it will be great up at my buddy’s ranch in Blanco. Definitely easier and lighter to hang a quick set than my old tree stand. Anyone have any tips on shortening the learning curve?
    Last edited by duck'n; 11-17-2020, 09:23 PM.

Don’t go with a Tethrd platform. Go with a Trophyline mission. It’s the easiest, and most cost effective platform for lock on to saddle transitions.

Learn to trust your ropes and make sure you have the process down before trying it at hunting heights

Understand the angles for pressure - this will help you know whether the adjust bridge or tether and heights/ lengths of each.

Don’t try to get too fancy in trying to shoot around the world in a saddle. Set up for easy shots on your easy shot side.

Make sure to connect your tether before you step on the platform - you’ll thank me later.

Comment

Appreciate it! I learned about messing around at ground level. Learned a valuable lesson when I leaned back forgetting I was holding the Prussic knot on my tether...that would have sucked if I was 15-20’ up!

Comment

Ya I think the tree saddle is gonna be the "on-fire" style of hunting for public land in the next several years.

I weighed my climber setup (summit viper SD) along with backpack, crossbow, shooting stick and any other misc items I might have. I am pushing 45-50lbs walking in. That isn't bad if you go to 1 tree and there you stay. But hunting public land and being mobile, you can't really get too far back because if the sheer burden it puts on your body.

I am looking forward to cutting that setup in half! I will be hunting out of a saddle next year for sure.

Congratz on your Christmas present.

Comment

We had a guy hunting out of a saddle at the ranch I work at a few weeks back. All I can say is, I sure hope those things are more comfortable than they look!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            We had a guy hunting out of a saddle at the ranch I work at a few weeks back. All I can say is, I sure hope those things are more comfortable than they look!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is surprisingly comfortable. I actually like it more than my tree stand seat. But I will say I think I will move around more which is not a good thing.

I really want to book a hunt at London Oaks. If I can get it planned I will bring it along so you can sit in it!

Comment

Good luckn MrDuckn. I was thinking of asking for a Tethrd setup for Christmas...it was the first thing that popped into my head when the wife asked what I wanted.

Comment

They are interesting

Comment

Working...
                X