Exotics in area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exotics in area?

Does anyone hunt just North of Eldorado? How are the exotics in that area and what is the average size of the whitetail? Trophy size? Thanks for any input.

There are Axis just east of Eldorado. I’ve seen them going towards Menard. I haven’t seen any west of 277 , or north towards Christoval. I hunt a few miles northwest of Eldorado. I have killed bucks as big as 154” and 196 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      There are Axis just east of Eldorado. I’ve seen them going towards Menard. I haven’t seen any west of 277 , or north towards Christoval. I hunt a few miles northwest of Eldorado. I have killed bucks as big as 154” and 196 lbs.
      Thanks for the reply brother

Comment

We have lots of blackbuck and the occasional axis.

Our average bucks killed are scoring in the mid 130s. We’ve had a few in the mid 150s but never broken 160.

Comment

I hunt about 10 miles North of Eldorado, off FM915, between Eldorado and Mertzon. Hunted this lease for the 4 years now. On our lease there are no axis, a dozen or so resident Blackbucks and we have seen one lone aoudad during our four years on this lease. No other exotics seen, reported, or game cam pics. We have talked about numbers and areas of exotics with local game warden, landowner, and the guy we deal with on the lease. During these conversations we got pretty much the same responses from all when talking about exotics: No axis North of Eldorado, some decent numbers of Blackbuck and some aoudad. We feed year round with corn and some of our guys feed protein year round. We feed protein out of community feeders from March to September. Our trophy WT trophy bucks average mid 130's to mid 140's. Some good potential for WT but we got some hunters that shoot'em before they get mature. The place we lease, I see the potential to get bucks in 150's and occasionally a 160. However we will never get there with the guys we have on the lease now which is frustrating. By the way, very few turkey. We have killed maybe four gobblers in the four years we have hunted this ranch. We do not see turkeys during the fall hunting season but have some turkeys during the spring turkey season. During the spring season we do not see alot of turkeys and most of the ones we see are Jakes. This is an honest report on the area North of Eldorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortybang View Post
            I hunt about 10 miles North of Eldorado, off FM915, between Eldorado and Mertzon. Hunted this lease for the 4 years now. On our lease there are no axis, a dozen or so resident Blackbucks and we have seen one lone aoudad during our four years on this lease. No other exotics seen, reported, or game cam pics. We have talked about numbers and areas of exotics with local game warden, landowner, and the guy we deal with on the lease. During these conversations we got pretty much the same responses from all when talking about exotics: No axis North of Eldorado, some decent numbers of Blackbuck and some aoudad. We feed year round with corn and some of our guys feed protein year round. We feed protein out of community feeders from March to September. Our trophy WT trophy bucks average mid 130's to mid 140's. Some good potential for WT but we got some hunters that shoot'em before they get mature. The place we lease, I see the potential to get bucks in 150's and occasionally a 160. However we will never get there with the guys we have on the lease now which is frustrating. By the way, very few turkey. We have killed maybe four gobblers in the four years we have hunted this ranch. We do not see turkeys during the fall hunting season but have some turkeys during the spring turkey season. During the spring season we do not see alot of turkeys and most of the ones we see are Jakes. This is an honest report on the area North of Eldorado.
            Nailed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X