Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got on a lease for the first time ever. Need some ideas... and stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got on a lease for the first time ever. Need some ideas... and stuff.

Got on the first lease I've been on since my dad paid for everything. Between junction and Menard. It looks good.
    I'm gonna need some stuff. Haha.
    I've been looking at the classifieds for a stand and feeder. A budget friendly stand and feeder.
    I also wanna have water in my feeder pen. What do yall use to water your deer? Plastic or metal trough? How bout hauling it out there?
    Anything I should know before I set it up?

Congrats! I know Smart had a post or was involved in a thread where he shared his trough/water hole set up. It was a great idea. Hopefully someone can find the link and post it up.

As for the budget friendly stand and feeder, keep searching classifieds! Or, watch some YouTube videos if you are the type that can DIY. Tons of good advice on YT.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
      Got on the first lease I've been on since my dad paid for everything. Between junction and Menard. It looks good.

I'm gonna need some stuff. Haha.

I've been looking at the classifieds for a stand and feeder. A budget friendly stand and feeder.

I also wanna have water in my feeder pen. What do yall use to water your deer? Plastic or metal trough? How bout hauling it out there?

Anything I should know before I set it up?
      What is your idea of budget friendly blind? Look into the Redneck Soft side blinds.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
        What is your idea of budget friendly blind? Look into the Redneck Soft side blinds.

Hmmmm.
        How do they stand up to the weather, I wonder?

Comment

You can make a stand cheap
          Used feeders are a dime a dozen on craigs list. Smart does have a good water system.

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
            Hmmmm.

How do they stand up to the weather, I wonder?
            We have 3 of them at our lease. We put the covers on the blind in September and then take them off in January. They look as good now as they did when we first got them. I'm sure if you left them out year around they would deteriorate quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
              Congrats! I know Smart had a post or was involved in a thread where he shared his trough/water hole set up. It was a great idea. Hopefully someone can find the link and post it up.

As for the budget friendly stand and feeder, keep searching classifieds! Or, watch some YouTube videos if you are the type that can DIY. Tons of good advice on YT.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
              Go to post #28 for Smarts setup info

Comment

I have some budget friendly feeders, but I’m a loooong way from Castroville.

Comment

If its not somewhere you have already hunted or even if you have and its just your first time as a member, I would go in pretty light. DIY you a stand that can be unbolted and moved, First year feeder just grab a drum and build a feeder. After years of hunting leases I have learned to go in light the first year and see how it all goes. That way if you decide its not the right fit you don't have to kill yourself trying to get off.

Comment

You don’t need anything. Build a brush blind in a good natural spot and go hunt.

Comment

You'll find several for sale on here and a lot more good ideas.

For a blind - elevated or ground? Bow, rifle or combo?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        If its not somewhere you have already hunted or even if you have and its just your first time as a member, I would go in pretty light. DIY you a stand that can be unbolted and moved, First year feeder just grab a drum and build a feeder. After years of hunting leases I have learned to go in light the first year and see how it all goes. That way if you decide its not the right fit you don't have to kill yourself trying to get off.
                        Wise words

Comment

Are you rifle or bow hunting?? Go with a basic barrel feeder.

Comment

Nothing on the lease already to work with? No old blinds?

Comment

Ladder stand

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X