Youth only question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth only question

Can youth shoot doe in Goliad county today or tomorrow? I’m reading that you have to report it north of 59 but can’t find anything about south of 59.

Under Goliad co. Regs it's says yes, it must be reported

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Under Goliad co. Regs it's says yes, it must be reported
      Yes sir but that says for north of 59. We are south 59

Comment

After looking a little deeper I found nothing that says South of 59 9nly north of 59. If your worried about it report anyway. No harm in that.

Comment

Call Bill Zappe, your Goliad game warden.

Comment

Yes. The Youth Season in Goliad County ends Jan 16.

Comment

Looking for info about Texas Hunting Seasons? We created a simplified guide to share season dates, bag limits, license info and more.

I see nothing that says you have to report south of Hwy 59; just north of 59. The season is still open, however. You just don't have to report it...at least the way I read the rules.

EDIT: I just noticed that the SOUTH special season starts Monday, Jan 17.

EDIT again : It appears to me that the season ends tomorrow for Youth. I'm am now officially confused myself! I'm now not sure what constitutes the Special Late Season vs the Youth Season, but I read it that you are safe. If you get a citation just blame it on Burnadell!
              Last edited by Burnadell; 01-15-2022, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/o...unting_seasons

Looking for info about Texas Hunting Seasons? We created a simplified guide to share season dates, bag limits, license info and more.

I see nothing that says you have to report south of Hwy 59; just north of 59. The season is still open, however. You just don't have to report it...at least the way I read the rules.

EDIT: I just noticed that the SOUTH special season starts Monday, Jan 17.

EDIT again : It appears to me that the season ends tomorrow for Youth. I'm am now officially confused myself! I'm now not sure what constitutes the Special Late Season vs the Youth Season, but I read it that you are safe. If you get a citation just blame it on Burnadell!
                Lmao yes it’s very confusing!!! I’m sure if I mention your name then we will be good.

Comment

Not that hard to understand, north of 59 youth can still shoot does during late youth Jan 3-16, adults can only shoot them during archery season or Nov. 25-28 (thanksgiving weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                    Not that hard to understand, north of 59 youth can still shoot does during late youth Jan 3-16, adults can only shoot them during archery season or Nov. 25-28 (thanksgiving weekend).
                    So south of 59 youth can NOT shoot doe Jan 3-16??

Comment

If I read this correctly youth can south of 59 in Goliad county?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I keep seeing these dates in the links I posted above:

White-tailed deer season dates

Youth-only North Oct. 30-31 & Jan. 3-16
                        South Oct. 30-31 & Jan. 3-16

Comment

North of 59 youths can't take antlerless during late youth season only bucks, they can only shoot antlerless early youth season and November 25th to 28th
                          Last edited by SC-001; 01-15-2022, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I don’t care about north of 59 lol. I need to know about SOUTH OF 59

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                              North of 59 youths can't take antlerless during late youth season only bucks, they can only shoot antlerless early youth season and November 25th to 28th
                              Where did you come to that conclusion? Not arguing just try to understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X