PCP air rifle on steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCP air rifle on steel

Yesterday was nice and calm so me and my buddy brought out our air guns for some longer range plinking. Both guns are FX Impact M3's with the Helix 6-24 FFP scopes. Got them zeroed in at 50 on paper and then stretched them out to 100 on the steel target tree. Both guns hit hard enough with 25.39gr pellets and slugs at 100 to swing the little gongs on the Crosman target to the other side. We must have went thru a couple of hunnert pellets and slugs having a blast. No doubt these .25 cal pellets or slugs will be fatal on coons at this distance. Today we are going to stretch it on out to 130 yards and see how they do. I'm starting to believe these youtube vids of shooting pigeons at over 200 yds. The very top target on the tree is just over an inch diameter so hitting a pig in the ear at 100 should be doable. We shot until after sundown and the Element optics scopes did not disappoint. Very good light gathering and parallax focus is spot on as are turret adjustments. Takes exactly 1.5 mil of elevation to go from 50 to 100 with this weight of pellet. Heavier pellets will take probably 2 mils or more. Reticle marks and turret clicks are exact with each other.
    Attached Files

Its amazing how accurate those are.

Comment

Those are some great guns. Good shooting also. You can also find ammo for these easy enough compared to powder burners.

Comment

Shot JSB match diablo Knock Out 33.49 gr slugs yesterday at 100 yds.
        These are getting close to MOA so that's what I'm going to use next month on the coon carnage trip with the Sightmark night scope. Every feeder has 6 to 10 coons under it every night about dark thirty. Hope I don't forget to push the record button when it starts.

Comment

Nice guns, but I want to know what's in the glass?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
            Accurizer in the form of Johnny Black. Clears the vision.

Comment

We were going to stretch it out more to 130 yds today but weather turned to caca. Too much gusty wind for these light slugs and pellets to shoot that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                Shooters Lube!

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Shot JSB match diablo Knock Out 33.49 gr slugs yesterday at 100 yds.
                  These are getting close to MOA so that's what I'm going to use next month on the coon carnage trip with the Sightmark night scope. Every feeder has 6 to 10 coons under it every night about dark thirty. Hope I don't forget to push the record button when it starts.

I'll be looking forward to the video!

Comment

Cool

How much KE do they have at 100?
                    Enough to kill a coon?

Looks like with PCP @ 100 a coon would have no idea what took out his buddy

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      Cool

How much KE do they have at 100?
                      Enough to kill a coon?

Looks like with PCP @ 100 a coon would have no idea what took out his buddy
                      With .25 cal 33.49 gr slugs FPE @ 100 is approx 34ft lbs at 700 fps.
                      My gun chronos 996.8 fps at 10 ft from muzzle on the current tune.
                      I can increase this to around 1050 fps but accuracy suffers.
                      At 20 yds it will shoot thru 2 layers of 3/4" plywood and keep on going.
                      Should be enough for coons or ear holing pigs.

Comment

Weather looks like Monday would be a good day for longer range testing. I hope to be shooting ducks Monday morning.

Comment

Working...
                        X