Pacific Crest Trail 2022!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacific Crest Trail 2022!!!

Permit day just came and went. My wife and I were not able to get the perfect start dates, but we both have permits in hand. Looks like April 3rd is the big kick-off at the border in Campo, CA right at the US/Mexico border. If all goes well, we will tap out at the Canadian border in September - 2,600 miles. Here we go!!!!

I did that live thread when I did the Appalachian Trail several years ago I’ll start a live thread when we start in April.

Excited for this one! Will be following along.

Comment

Heck yeah!

I cant wait to follow along on this epic journey.

Comment

Get it brother!
        Iv'e played around on it in Cali, but nothing close to a thru hike.
        Good luck, safe travels, and Godspeed to you

Comment

Way Cool! Looking forward to following along that thread!

Comment

That’s awesome. Will definitely be following along.

Comment

Enjoyed following your other journey. Will be watching!

Comment

Cool! So excited to do it this year we actually had permits for last year but work was just too busy! Would have loved to start a little later in April so I could sneak in a quick spring turkey hunt but I don’t think that’s going to happen here. I’m fired up I hope I can maintain physically.

Comment

Will be following!
                  Which GD song kicks off the journey? Truckin? Goin' down the Road Feeling Bad? I will Take you Home?
                  Good luck on the trail!

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                    Will be following!
                    Which GD song kicks off the journey? Truckin? Goin' down the Road Feeling Bad? I will Take you Home?
                    Good luck on the trail!
                    Hmmm…. Feel Like A Stranger As in…. Let’s get on with the show!

I will save fire on the mountain for Northern California in the summer….
                    Hoping that this fire season is not like last year‘s. A lot of people had to bail on their hikes because of the extreme smoke.

Phish’s Blaze On might also be a good kick off tune!

Comment

good luck amigo! keep us updated on your progress

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                        good luck amigo! keep us updated on your progress
                        Will do. A week or so before I start I’ll kick off a live thread. Keep in mind there will be times when I am out of reception for several days on this trail. We already know the Sierras are a black hole for cell service.

Comment

Dude, what do you do for a living!? I can’t imagine taking 6 months off lol

Good luck, sounds amazing.

Comment

Oh WOW!!! Can't wait for the follow along!! I thoroughly enjoyed the Appalachian Trail one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                              Permit day just came and went. My wife and I were not able to get the perfect start dates, but we both have permits in hand. Looks like April 3rd is the big kick-off at the border in Campo, CA right at the US/Mexico border. If all goes well, we will tap out at the Canadian border in September - 2,600 miles. Here we go!!!!

I did that live thread when I did the Appalachian Trail several years ago I’ll start a live thread when we start in April.
                              That thread on the Appalachian trail was so dang cool! So this means your hiking 2600 miles??

Comment

Working...
                              X