Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a Week - Triple Dipped em and more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a Week - Triple Dipped em and more...

I posted this in my ranch thread but wanted to make this its own thread as well. My dad, myself and my oldest son went down on Monday afternoon to hunt until Thursday or later of last week. Monday night I shot 2 pigs (my first kills on our new place), Wednesday morning I shot another and then Wednesday night I shot a 4th pig.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pig 1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	25271310

Name:	pig 2.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	25271311

Since my oldest son had already shot a buck he was after turkeys and pigs. He had seen turkey several mornings but never closed the deal. Since I hadn't seen anything on camera in a while that interested me I decided to sit with him and try to help him out and film. As luck would have it we ended up triple dipping 'em Thursday morning.

About 6:45 I could see deer in front of us and could make out the 2 little 8's that were always at that stand. A little before 7 I scanned again expecting the same deer and noticed one of the deer looked bigger than last time. It was still pretty dark but I was able to make out an older deer with 10 points and a wide rack. The race was on between enough light to shoot and film and the feeder going off at "7:15". I kept looking at my watch and asking my son if he had enough light to film with multiple no's. I looked at my watch at 7:10 and said we have 5 min to get it done...and then the feeder went off at 7:11 and deer scattered everywhere. A few choice words later, they started coming back in. He showed back up again in another shooting lane. I still couldn't completely make out his rack but confirmed he was older and wide so I let my 7 mag bark while my son filmed it. It was pretty awesome to share that with him.

But, the reason we were hunting there was to get him his first turkey. A little after 8 I saw a turkey cross the shooting lane in front of us and woke my son up and told him to get ready. Soon after, the group that we were expecting came in. After about 5 minutes of switching from 1 turkey to another as they moved around he finally made a good shot on 1 at about 20 yards. As soon as he shot all of the other turkeys took off except 2 who decided to torture my sons turkey. It was funny at first but after about 10 minutes I had enough and decided to make another memory with my son filming and dropped 1 of the 2 turkey hammering away at my son's dead turkey. It is a hunt we will remember for A LONG TIME!! All on video. Anyway, here are a few more pics.

Name:	all_ldp.jpg
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	25271312

Name:	turkey1.jpg
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	25271313

Name:	Drew Turkey.jpg
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	25271314

Name:	Craig Deer.jpg
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	25271315

I scored my deer at a little over 133". My son's turkey had a 6" beard and spurs a little over an inch. My spurs were smaller but the beard was a little longer. This may have been the best hunt I ever had!!!

Comment

Awesome. Congrats.

Comment

Congrats man and looks like a real nice piece of dirt you have there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice hunt for sure, congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Woohooo. Awesome.

Comment

Variety of meat in the freezer. Congratulations

Comment