Recommend me a good All season or HT tire for lite truck/suv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a good All season or HT tire for lite truck/suv

My wife’s 4WD Expedition Max needs new shoes. We are headed to Colorado in a month and half and generally make a ski trip every other year, if not every year. Looking for an HT or all season tire that will perform reasonably well in snow.

Not interested in AT tires, not needed for every day driving and she won’t like the noise.

Currently has Toyo Open Country HT’s

Michelin’s LTX’s an option? Worth the $$ ?

I put Michelin LTX on the wife's Expedition EL. Well worth the money.

Comment

I work for a tire company and if you are going out there and want your family to stay safe would definitely do mch ltx will do good all the way around!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pathfinder AT’s have been great Tires for me. Was running Hankook’s and after two sets Discount convinced me to try the Pathfinders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
          Pathfinder AT’s have been great Tires for me. Was running Hankook’s and after two sets Discount convinced me to try the Pathfinders.

That’s were I work at discount and pathfinder at are a great tire as well and not that bad on price what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Coopers have worked great for me.

Comment

I'm in the Michelin LTX camp.

Comment

Costco does have the Michelins on sale this month if you go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                  Costco does have the Michelins on sale this month if you go that route.
                  You da man! Like Costco + on sale!

Comment

The snowflake endorsement on the tires makes a big difference in snow driving, get some tires that have it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      I'm in the Michelin LTX camp.
                      Me too. Never done me wrong in many sets from SUV to travel trailer.

Other than that, I had great luck with a set of Nitto Dura-Grapplers. Kind of LTX-ish.
                      Last edited by kry226; 01-03-2022, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I have 80,000 on my factory original Michelins. They’ve been very good on wet pavement and anything else I’ve thrown at them. Yeah, I think they’re worth the money.

Comment

LTX II are great tires. 10 ply, quite and ride really great. Easily get 60,000 on them

Comment

LTX has been one of the best tires made since they came out! But the AT’s are way down on the bottom of my list!

Comment

If you want highway and snow (NOT all terrain), then Michelin LTX is the way to go. Rotate them properly/regularly, and you just might get 60k plus out of them. Yes, more expensive, but again, 60k vs. 35k in a “cheaper” tire.

Comment

Working...
                              X