No announcement yet.

Home Generator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a 24kw generic from Norwall.com. They had the best pricing. I used the composite pad and had a electrician hook it up. Way cheaper than any quotes from the generator stores. 22 to 24 was only about $300 and as stated on natural gas you lose about 2kw.

Comment

I wanted the largest air cooled option available so we just had the 24KW Generac installed. 3200sqft with 2 AC units, and a pool. After I my generator came in, I found out that they are about to come out with a 26KW air cooled option for approx. $400 more. I wish I went that route. I agree with getting the biggest possible as going up is usually a small increase compared to what you will get. If you decide to go with a liquid cooled option, they are more powerful, but substantially more expensive, higher cost to service, and physically larger.

Comment

I am just a tad bigger than you but basically the same equipment. I have the 30KW Kohler that runs on natural gas. Get the whole house done, you will be glad you did. Last year during the freeze, I was so glad I had my pool on it, I always thought I wouldn't need power for the pool but it really helps. I can tell you I feel like a genius every time we have a power outage on my street and I am lit up like the north star.

Comment

Being 35 minutes from the gulf I never dreamed mine would run for weeks in February. Saved our but last year...

Comment

I found a new 40kw kohler NG on FB market place for $6500.

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
              I wanted the largest air cooled option available so we just had the 24KW Generac installed. 3200sqft with 2 AC units, and a pool. After I my generator came in, I found out that they are about to come out with a 26KW air cooled option for approx. $400 more. I wish I went that route. I agree with getting the biggest possible as going up is usually a small increase compared to what you will get. If you decide to go with a liquid cooled option, they are more powerful, but substantially more expensive, higher cost to service, and physically larger.
              My house is the exact same set up as above. Ordered generac 2 mo ago and it will be an 11 mo wait for the install. I didn't realize they have come out with a 26 Kw. I'll be making a call today. ha. For $400 more why not have that extra power.

Comment

22KW Generac is only about 500.00 more than a 22K. Rough estimate on a 24KW turn key is about 10K if the electric and gas meters are within about 20ft of where you want the generator. Obviously the further away the meters are from the generator will cause the cost go up some.

Comment

Go with an 1800 RPM generator.

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Gents,

26KW are not physically on the market yet. They are still working on all requirements to pass code. They can be ordered but are about 10 months out from installation.

Comment

Generac can't deliver. Who ordered after March 2021 and have had their generator installed? My neighbor hasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
                          Generac can't deliver. Who ordered after March 2021 and have had their generator installed? My neighbor hasn't.
                          We picked up 5-22KW and 1-24KW Generac’s last week.

Comment

I’m betting you will need between 30-40kw for everything, but really depends if your heating is gas or electric. Could be much less. A good company can size and design a system right for your home and needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                              Well the wife wants me to start looking for a home generator since we where without power for 16hrs after a tornado hit our neighborhood last week. I know some of you have them, so my question would be what brand did you get and what wattage did you go with? I’m on the list for a free quote, but was just wondering what size is best. I have a 4,000 square foot house with two 4 ton ac units and I also have 2 refrigerators and 2 freezers plus a pool. The hot water heaters are gas, but everything else is electric. Just trying to get some info and see what some of you went with thanks.

The question you are asking is impossible to answer without specific information of all electric appliances and equipment. You need a load analysis done on your home and the square footage plays very little into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X