No announcement yet.

2022 High School Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We graduated 18 seniors last season so our team will be young this coming year. I don’t think it will be a bad years as our sophomore group is very good and most will play varsity this year as starter’s. The next two years are going to be something to watch.

Comment

I started reading this thread, but gave up when the p**sing match started, so I apologize if my answer is already here. I enjoy watching the games. Are there any schools or players here in north Texas that would qualify as "must see"? I'm guessing Southlake Carroll makes the list.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead View Post
        I started reading this thread, but gave up when the p**sing match started, so I apologize if my answer is already here. I enjoy watching the games. Are there any schools or players here in north Texas that would qualify as "must see"? I'm guessing Southlake Carroll makes the list.
        jett williams at heath, one of the top 3 or 4 players in texas, committed to mississippi state

Comment

2022 High School Baseball

Griffin Herring and Owen Proksch from Southlake are really good returning pitchers from last year. LSU and Duke commits. My son works out with both. They will be the team to beat in 6A. But Rockwall and Heath will be very tough as well.

Jayson Jones at Denton Braswell may likely be the #1 overall pick in the draft and worth a watch. Not sure what the rest of their team looks like.

We have 4 D1 commits going to Tcu ATM Air Force and Yale. #8 preseason in 6 A. My son is a Jr rhp trying to come back from UCL surgery. Had it two summers ago but strained it this last spring trying to come back too soon. He has rehabbed and worked his butt off to get back to where he is now. Having lost 19 seniors, he has a chance to be an impact player for his team this year.

Good luck to y’all’s boys. Hope they have a successful healthy Spring season.
          Last edited by Full Throttle; 01-22-2022, 07:48 AM.

Comment

My wife sent me a poll on 5A showing Whitehouse at #10 then I searched another top 20 in 5A showing them at #18
            I know it’s all predictions but I’m not seeing them that competitive
            I’m a local & my son will play on their JV most likely so I can criticize a little
            Tryouts are at 8:30 this morning while it’s 22-24 degrees. Should be fun
            However last year WH went 25-5 but in my opinion didn’t really play any real tough teams. Some of these wins were in tournaments against lower classification teams. District wasn’t all that strong.
            They took 1st place in district but was one & done against a 4th seed with a losing record something like 13-15. They lost in straight fashion 2 straight games only scoring 1 run over 14 innings.
            They lost a big lefty that topped out at 93 & their best hitter that was over 400 average all 4 years
            They are again in a weak district this year
            They really don’t play up against better teams in non-district games so coming out of a weak district matchups is hard to go into post season & compete
            They are struggle at the plate across the lineup
            Great group of kids but I’m just not seeing a top 10 or 20 but maybe I’m way off base & not giving them a chance. Just a little surprised at some of the predictions & where they have them
            Good luck to all this season

Comment

Arlington Martin has a couple of draft guys

Comment

My son did well in tryouts on the bump. He’s a Jr lefty
                Pitched 2 innings in a live scrimmage. Struck out 5, walked 1, one pop up & one hit right back to him.
                He don’t know yet if he will pitch with varsity or JV. I just want to him to have fun & enjoy the memories. Only got this season & one more year and then reality hits
                He’s very strong academically & has decided on mechanical engineering. Tossing around different engineering schools but hasn’t decided yet
                Good luck to all

Comment

Hope tryouts went well for all of the boys. My Jr. son feels good about his performance this past Friday/Saturday. The rosters will be determined after an inter squad scrimmage on Monday so we will see. We have a new coach here at Bellville so everyone is excited to see how it goes. Bellville lost some key players last year, but have some good talent returning so hopefully they will be competitive in 4A again this year. I'm ready for some ball!!

Comment

My son was moved to the varsity team right before tryouts this week. They still had to attend and help out, but as a sophomore it’s a proud Dad moment. They moved him up and down last year so he kinda had an idea where he would be this year, but he was still nervous. He worked his butt off in the off-season and it shows.

Comment

My son had a pretty good outing against Amarillo High yesterday. Hope y’all’s boys are doing good as well. Should be some good baseball played the rest of this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post
                        My son had a pretty good outing against Amarillo High yesterday. Hope y’all’s boys are doing good as well. Should be some good baseball played the rest of this weekend.

https://twitter.com/fivetooltexas/st...454465536?s=21
                        thats awesome man

Comment

We played Tompkins tonight and they have some big boys on that team. We came to play and gave them a pretty good run losing 6-4 with 6 sophomores starting they held their own. We made a few errors that cost us and a couple ball landed short by not getting to the ball other than that we had them, but in the end they still won. Great team just glad we competed.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
                            We played Tompkins tonight and they have some big boys on that team. We came to play and gave them a pretty good run losing 6-4 with 6 sophomores starting they held their own. We made a few errors that cost us and a couple ball landed short by not getting to the ball other than that we had them, but in the end they still won. Great team just glad we competed.

Tompkins is legit it appears. Good job making it a game. Being that young y’all should be really good the next few years. My son gets the start for FM Marcus against Southlake Carroll tomorrow. Should be a good game as well.

Comment

This thread sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Throttle View Post

https://twitter.com/fivetooltexas/st...454465536?s=21
                                Nice! This is the kind of post I expected when I opened this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X